Author Topic: [COMPLETE] The Pit of 100 Trials  (Read 64664 times)

okay i've been doing a TON of price drops as you go down

according to my theory from before that, while the sword can take you a long way in the beginning, but if you're at say level 76 it will be completely outrageous to beat it with a sword to gain points to buy stronger gear

so yes it's very cheap and pleasantly so

also i'll have to add more items in hub 75 because it is relatively barren
except like
by the time you get down there you have massive amounts of points esp if you solo

except like
by the time you get down there you have massive amounts of points esp if you solo
until you die and you have to attempt to grind to get back your gear which is difficult because level 76 is not good for grinding

this information i have gleamed from watching Mr. NoBody and others

the schedule today is to do a ton of level work, nerfs, balances, fixes, that bot spawning failsafe, adding health pickups and lighting, all that

so i planned all those things i said i was going to do

this includes

counter-bot-spawning-failsafe : if you're stuck in a room with no other enemies the system spawns one just for you. i already tested this but not for levels 51+
made level 30 and level 50 slightly easier : because they were difficult. but not that easier.
lots of balancing : the white knights, (high horse axe spammers) the aerial assaulters, (jetting rocket spammers) level 59, level 79, all of that
fixed high horses when you go through the ceiling
improved 90+ levels : less boredom, more chaotic bots. also a method to not get lost in those maze levels.
create longer room timers : 10 minutes. only for one or two level 90+ levels though

i had an idea on how to do pvp now: just a free-for-all. just hop in a teledoor, do some fighting, and anyone can leave or go at any time. which is much easier to event honestly. and generally more deathmatch-like.

also a bit of work done on the elusive level 100

hype is real!!

i presume in the FFA your items get saved/loaded so when you respawn it doesn't make you at a huge disadvantage
i really should pick up where i left off with my moonwalk level 50+ run
i stopped at level 80 cause it was bugged.

i AM SO EXHAusted right now UGH

i stopped at level 80 cause it was bugged.
this is true i forgot to make it spawn automatically

i presume in the FFA your items get saved/loaded so when you respawn it doesn't make you at a huge disadvantage
i have little idea how to do that :<

although it may be possible to do some kind of "reimbursement" with points? hm

AUGH so i made some progress with all of that biz the counter-bots are implemented in all levels except 93+ because i need to improve those which mostly consist of filling it with tons of random enemies from before to liven it up
i have a theory on extended timers and to create one single large deathmatch pvp arena and how level 100 will appear as
almost all of the enemy balancing is done and i plan to make buyable gear all around the build

made progress on pvp arena
theres no method i have of detecting when a person dies in a room or to load weapons or whatever, but i strung up a rudimentary point-reimbursement system. if you die in pvp you at least get some points as return. this may be exploited so i will have to think on this matter. unless there is a way better idea on how to do this

i am creating the extended timer relay starfish system but geez it is complicated aegmej3karedl somehow it managed to end up in a weirdly delayed infinite relay loop dependent on the auto-reset system UGH why

also some complicated bits
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 07:35:43 PM by The Resonte! »

built some pvp. also a bit of the leadup to level 100. planning to build lots of those huge swaths of missing bricks that people down in level 86+ saw. also hopefully bot works.

do you mind if i post some of the leadup? not the actual level 100 but just the dramatic and transcendal entrance. or is that too spoiler-ish.

post a single dramatic picture of the entrance or leadup to entrance!!!

post a single dramatic picture of the entrance or leadup to entrance!!!

the end awaits

um. its not the very end you see in the image but it's dramaticness means theres quite a bit to build

i don't know when i'll be done with these final fixups and i can finally start working on the true level 100 to be honest

i made trippy emitters and i built a bit

relatively good day i guess but i don't feel super productive

its alright i should be more productive too

you should package and release this as a gamemode when you get done hosting it

Looks AMAZING! I'm definitely going to play it. Looking forward to when it comes out!

OMG IM SO EXCITED!!

you should package and release this as a gamemode when you get done hosting it
luckily it's been packaged since the beginning

it looks shockingly decent with shadows on in a cool way

the only problem being performance