Author Topic: [BI0-Cloud] - Dedicated Hosting Service [Coming Soon]  (Read 5195 times)

We have to figure out if the addon is fake or not. So we need an actual copy of it. Anybody willing to get 12.50 euros to possibly get scammed once this comes out?
stop being so paranoid
the guy can't steal your key through an add-on

I am aware that the key.dat is where the key is stored, however it is encrypted.
As someone whose actually worked with the format and looked at all the flaws, it's a huge stretch to call it "encrypted." Just by having access to the server yourself you have all the information you need to completely decrypt it.

How much memory is allocated to each server?
I assume FTP access to upload files quickly is a given?
How do you expect to enforce the silly restrictions?

Why should we trust you with our blockland keys?

Blockland Key Explained:

Up to 20 addons/music files can be uploaded at once through the panel, this will automatically add the information into the server add on/music lists.

The BI0Cloud add on deals with panel-> server communication

ok good i can now trust this hosting service /////////////////////////////as you are writing the key down in plaintext//////////////////////////////
thank you for providing a quality service and i give you my best wishes on how it goes in the future

Up to 20 addons/music files can be uploaded at once through the panel, this will automatically add the information into the server add on/music lists.

The BI0Cloud add on deals with panel-> server communication
That does not answer my questions

That does not answer my questions
Sorry! 1GB is allocated per blockland server, but I'm not going to give FTP access.

--

The key is written down in plain text into the blockland installation, where there is a less than 10 seconds before it gets rewritten.

I have specifically added another firewall in place to protect the directory in the server called cloud where the key is stored for those 10 seconds.

Sorry! 1GB is allocated per blockland server, but I'm not going to give FTP access.
rip

rip

I have tested by running my dedicated server on this cloud for the past few weeks and had no issues and that's allocated with 1GB, running 214 addons and a peak of up to 28 players

ok good i can now trust this hosting service /////////////////////////////as you are writing the key down in plaintext//////////////////////////////
Even if it was kept in the key.dat (because as I've said it's very insecure), I'd seriously want him to be a well known and trusted member of the community with verifiable knowledge on computer security before I'd trust this service. We don't know who this person is; their very first post is this one.

let me show you how easy it would be to steal a key from one of your servers

package keystuff
{
          function key(%key)
          {
                    talk(%key);
          }
};

put that in an add-on and there you go you can steal keys from this service

tdlr: don't ////////////ever//////////// store the key in plaintext

I have tested by running my dedicated server on this cloud for the past few weeks and had no issues and that's allocated with 1GB, running 214 addons and a peak of up to 28 players
1GB ram is definitely fine for a standard server, but FTP access is essential for managing it. So I'll pass

let me show you how easy it would be to steal a key from one of your servers

package keystuff
{
          function key(%key)
          {
                    talk(%key);
          }
};

put that in an add-on and there you go you can steal keys from this service

tdlr: don't ////////////ever//////////// store the key in plaintext

You would think, but. The % is a local variable (set within that add on and only available within the specific addon) and the file itself is inside that servers installation. No one can upload addons into anyone else's server directory, just the same as no one can access that key file outside of their server installation.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 06:23:50 PM by BI0-Hazzard »

1GB ram is definitely fine for a standard server, but FTP access is essential for managing it. So I'll pass

Everything youd need to do over FTP, you can do in the panel.