Author Topic: [BI0-Cloud] - Dedicated Hosting Service [Coming Soon]  (Read 5198 times)

I know how to use and setup an FTP server, I use one for file transfers.
Configure it so that we can have FTP then.

Deactivating the package makes the communication loop to the panel break and the server backup script will kick in, this means terminating the server process and restarting the server, designed for the runtime errors.
Reminder this is an addon. Reminder we have to have access to the code per not-using-DSO's rule. Reminder we can take that code and strip out things so it still works.

I hadn't considered SSH but I will definitely look into it.
...seriously?

I must add, I've been coding with PHP for roughly 4-5 years doing little projects. TorquScript I've been looking at for the past couple of weeks.

However, I'm going to probably go forward with the SSH and get that going.

the runtime errors.

If you're talking about r6025, I made a fix for it:

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=290045.msg8784434#msg8784434

You'd have to replace blockland.exe with mine and place the script somewhere.

I know how to use and setup an FTP server, I use one for file transfers.
He's saying you should let clients have FTP access to their server's files, using a panel for ftp access is not as good because what if you need to do a quick transfer or you're uploading an entire folder (such as an add-on that's not a zip, or uploading data)

Deactivating the package makes the communication loop to the panel break and the server backup script will kick in, this means terminating the server process and restarting the server, designed for the runtime errors.
Explain the tiers because limiting players is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. You can easily get around it and simply just repackage the add-on, or even better just make an add-on that constantly overwrites the package.

1 GB of data does not seem enough if someone wants to install a bit of add-ons such as vehicles and weapons.

1 GB of data does not seem enough if someone wants to install a bit of add-ons such as vehicles and weapons.
p sure that's memory

oooh, didn't notice these servers are all in France. rip ping to a majority of the playerbase.

p sure that's memory
sorry if I'm not writing it correctly, got it from the OP
each server has a default limit of 1GB disk space (roughly 500-700mb of add-on/music space, which again can be changed to suit).
i understand it can be changed but if i have to pay more for more space it's pointless

oh yeah that's stupid
if he's only allowing that small amount, i guarantee you whatever he's using to host with is cheap.

what are you hosting with, anyhow?

I'm going to take on board everything that has been said, completely restructure the system and bring it into play in a couple of weeks.

Thanks to everyone for bringing these things to my attention.

The reason the size was so small is servers that I've hosted beforehand for other people, years ago, weren't using that much space.

The servers are based in a French datacenter, Im a volunteer at a local radio station and one of the main technicians own them.

I'm going to lock this topic now, start building in a more secure system and go through everything.

Thanks again!

UPDATE: I'm running through the authentification methods and linking an ssh through the panel. More to come!

You can demo the panel now, the server linked to the demo user is setup with my blockland account.
Panel: http://cloud.mytt.co.uk/backend
Username: demouser
Password: demouser

Let me know what you think via PM, re-locking this topic until further updates.

EDIT: The demo-server will close automatically after 10 minutes.
EDIT2: Server preferences are disabled to the demo account through the panel, the server is limited to 4 players.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 05:26:49 PM by BI0-Hazzard »