Poll

I gotta be honest, guys.  I am actually finding updating and constantly following this game to be a tremendous consumption of time and attention.  Frankly, I am seriously considering either dropping the project altogether or passing it off to anyone who I

Continue thread under new ownership.
5 (33.3%)
This thread has run its course.  Let it die.
3 (20%)
Other (explain in post)
5 (33.3%)
Abstain (Indifferent)
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Nation Forge — Iron Desert [1863] — Beware the Ides of March  (Read 161800 times)

Arcon pours money into the national telegraph network, seeking to establish it throughout the region and adopts the Serisian code.

Arcon offers to connect Avalonia to the telegraph network.

Ruthenia is accepted.

Coffee exported to Milhamiah increases.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:41:34 PM by SWAT One »

Seris employs heavier mechanization due to their relatively low population in comparison to other nations. It is imperative to the Serisian government that the lack of manpower is compensated for by using relatively new technology and techniques that would not be used otherwise. The civilian port and military port facilities at Point Ardrov (large island) are expanded to support Serisian shipping.

The Serisian government also seeks to establish a rail line from the town of Musashi to Signydal. This would be paralleled by a telegraph line.

location reference
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:37:24 PM by Operator¹ »

I find it very interesting that Ruthenia has a chief of the navy as well, given its distance from any sources of water large enough to put a dinghy in.

Avalonia accepts Arcon's offer to incorporate it into the telegraph network.

Mipoli would like to establish trade with the Principality of Arcon

I find it very interesting that Ruthenia has a chief of the navy as well, given its distance from any sources of water large enough to put a dinghy in.

Avalonia accepts Arcon's offer to incorporate it into the telegraph network.
Arcon begins to set up telegraph poles along railroads.

Also Darijo Boro Czajkowski confirmed world's most overpaid and underworked government official.

Mipoli would like to establish trade with the Principality of Arcon
Sure.

Öln signs an open cheque of 8,000,000 Rommarks (about 6,286,837 arconian augrels), and will reward it to anyone that can bring to the table an innovation in the development of roads, rails, and/or or cbrown towns.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:44:47 PM by Juncoph »

Ruthenia sends delegations to Romekate and Arcon in an effort to improve relations with the two powers.
Ruthenia sends a request to be incorporated into the telegram network with its delegation to Arcon.
Ruthenia begins seeking out Trading Partners to export the following Luxury Resources:

Herbs, Coffee, Cereals, Nuts, and Tea

So that it may be able to fund the expansion of its territory by sustaining colonies, particlarly looking towards its Northeast and Southwest.

Sure.
Seeing we both have ports reaching eachother will be no problem whatsoever, what would we trade, I have heard many good stories about your exotic coffee, is there anything else you could offer? Mipoli wishes to know the 3 things you desire most (trade-wise), we will wait for your response to see if we can equalize the trade deal so both of us benefit from it.
The Tribes in the Southeast corner of Mipoli are given low-quality, cheap matchlock muskets to defend themselves from Non-Mipoli region tribes.

Ruthenia sends delegations to Romekate and Arcon in an effort to improve relations with the two powers.

guten tag

dö you hävings marble odor söme öder kind öf röck ?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 11:47:17 PM by Juncoph »

Would it be possible to play as a nomadic nation or something? Like gypsies or mongols

Ruthenia begins seeking out Trading Partners to export the following Luxury Resources:

Herbs, Coffee, Cereals, Nuts, and Tea

Mipoli is interested in starting trade with Ruthenia

Mipoli is interested in starting trade with Ruthenia

What does Mipoli wish to Trade?
Ruthenia suggests that a percentage of trading profits go towards building a railway through the badlands between Mipoli and Ruthenia if they are to become longtime trading partners, in an effort to make the long distance less of an issue.

Would it be possible to play as a nomadic nation or something? Like gypsies or mongols
You might wanna look back at the history of Xiechi before you consider that.
Soldiers start to get trained in camps in the southern border regions of Mipoli, they practice their aim on death-row prisoners who are told to run as far into the desert as they can, the soldiers then proceed to chase after them while firing, learning move+shoot tactics in the process.

What does Mipoli wish to Trade?
Ruthenia suggests that a percentage of trading profits go towards building a railway through the badlands between Mipoli and Ruthenia if they are to become longtime trading partners, in an effort to make the long distance less of an issue.
Seeing how you are in heavy lack of resources, we simply wish for Carbines and Rifles. In return, we will give you Tea, Wheat and horses.

Seeing how you are in heavy lack of resources, we simply wish for Carbines and Rifles. In return, we will give you Tea, Wheat and horses.
The various metals found in the mountains will allow us to manufacture weapons easier.

We like the proposed offer, however we would like to ask your opinion on this offer instead:

Mipoli
Wheat
Horses
Bananas

Ruthenia
Carbines
Rifles