Poll

I gotta be honest, guys.  I am actually finding updating and constantly following this game to be a tremendous consumption of time and attention.  Frankly, I am seriously considering either dropping the project altogether or passing it off to anyone who I

Continue thread under new ownership.
5 (33.3%)
This thread has run its course.  Let it die.
3 (20%)
Other (explain in post)
5 (33.3%)
Abstain (Indifferent)
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Nation Forge — Iron Desert [1863] — Beware the Ides of March  (Read 161256 times)

You might wanna look back at the history of Xiechi before you consider that.
Soldiers start to get trained in camps in the southern border regions of Mipoli, they practice their aim on death-row prisoners who are told to run as far into the desert as they can, the soldiers then proceed to chase after them while firing, learning move+shoot tactics in the process.
werent you a stationary state

Öln signs an open cheque of 8,000,000 Rommarks (about 6,286,837 arconian augrels), and will reward it to anyone that can bring to the table an innovation in the development of roads, rails, and/or or cbrown towns.
Arconian inventors quickly scramble for a solution.  Önecht also signs an open check of 1,000,000 Augrels if the task is completed by an Arconian, and 600,000 in the case that it is completed by an NCO member-state or Arconian Strategic Partners.

Several hundred propositions are sent in the first three weeks, many of which are railways, and some are roadways.  A few cbrown town propositions come in, but are uncommon as any cbrown towns in the deserts of Sonodine could get covered up by frequent Zedre sandstorms.

Ruthenia sends delegations to Romekate and Arcon in an effort to improve relations with the two powers.1
Ruthenia sends a request to be incorporated into the telegram network with its delegation to Arcon.2
Ruthenia begins seeking out Trading Partners to export the following Luxury Resources:

Herbs, Coffee, Cereals, Nuts, and Tea

So that it may be able to fund the expansion of its territory by sustaining colonies, particlarly looking towards its Northeast and Southwest.3
1.  The Arconian court is perplexed at how they've never seen these people before and welcome them to dinner.
2.  Arconian engineers inquire how far away Ruthenia is and upon finding out, burst out into hysterics upon learning that it is around two thousand miles away.
3.  Don't you mean import?  You're not exactly a luscious jungle of fertility over there.

Seeing we both have ports reaching eachother will be no problem whatsoever, what would we trade, I have heard many good stories about your exotic coffee, is there anything else you could offer? Mipoli wishes to know the 3 things you desire most (trade-wise), we will wait for your response to see if we can equalize the trade deal so both of us benefit from it.4

The Tribes in the Southeast corner of Mipoli are given low-quality, cheap matchlock muskets to defend themselves from Non-Mipoli region tribes.5

4.  We have every manner of coffees, chocolate, teas, cereals and stuff, but we have a rapidly growing manufacturing industry around the Auligne river, allowing us to create machinery, watches, clocks, etc..  Tree nuts, tree spices, and silks seem to be popular where you are.  We like hazelnuts.
5.  The Mipoli tribes seem to get along with non-Mipoli tribes just fine.  Upon hearing of a military policeman getting shot by a tribesman, it seems they hold different views.

Would it be possible to play as a nomadic nation or something? Like gypsies or mongols
I would have to get moderator input for this tbh.  If you play as a nonoffensive group and don't have any form of strong organization such as the gypsies, I don't see any reason why not.

3.  Don't you mean import?  You're not exactly a luscious jungle of fertility over there.

True, however we do have small patches here and there where those can be grown. We are looking to exchange resources that are more on the luxury side that you wouldn't consume alone, for more practical things like food that doesn't grow here.

True, however we do have small patches here and there where those can be grown. We are looking to exchange resources that are more on the luxury side that you wouldn't consume alone, for more practical things like food that doesn't grow here.
Oh.  My bad.  I misunderstood.

We will gladly exchange Silk and Hazelnuts in return for machinery, mainly cannons to defend our capitol city incase of a naval raid.
still waiting for 1861 so I can start making Gatling Guns

but being boring gypsies that just move anywhere is boring. i was thinking of being native nomads or something that have taken arms against the new inhabitants. anothr thing is facilitating nomad movements too lol

Oh.  My bad.  I misunderstood.

It is alright.
As for the telegram network, we propose a route from Romekate to Ruthenia, assuming that Romekate is part of the Telegram network.

It is alright.
As for the telegram network, we propose a route from Romekate to Ruthenia, assuming that Romekate is part of the Telegram network.
So do you accept our trade proposal yes or no

Signs of heightened discontent begin to appear across Mipoli as taxes increase.

but being boring gypsies that just move anywhere is boring. i was thinking of being native nomads or something that have taken arms against the new inhabitants. anothr thing is facilitating nomad movements too lol
Yeah, the problem is that there's an unwritten rule that you have to settle down somewhere and have some kind of permanent settlement.

It is alright.
Arconian engineers might agree to that.  Budget is expanded slightly to facilitate Romekate, however.  Romekate is contacted and asked to join the telegraph network.  If they wouldn't mind funding most of it, we would be happy to bring the technology to your realm.

So do you accept our trade proposal yes or no

We are leaning towards yes, however we are waiting for your response to the following proposition:

The various metals found in the mountains will allow us to manufacture weapons easier.

We like the proposed offer, however we would like to ask your opinion on this offer instead:

Mipoli
Wheat
Horses
Bananas

Ruthenia
Carbines
Rifles

oh ok so why dont i have this one central settlement and then stem other moving settlemets from it

Signs of heightened discontent begin to appear across Mipoli as taxes increase.
Yeah, the problem is that there's an unwritten rule that you have to settle down somewhere and have some kind of permanent settlement.
Arconian engineers might agree to that.  Budget is expanded slightly to facilitate Romekate, however.  Romekate is contacted and asked to join the telegraph network.  If they wouldn't mind funding most of it, we would be happy to bring the technology to your realm.

New Romekate is willing to fund the brunt of this project, but for the time being the nation is focused on rails and food over rows of telegraph wire.

New Romekate is willing to fund the brunt of this project, but for the time being the nation is focused on rails and food over rows of telegraph wire.
Compromise:  Construct the networks in the Sonodine-Collineville area only for now, since the primary railroads are finished and secondary railroads are not far behind?

Compromise:  Construct the networks in the Sonodine-Collineville area only for now, since the primary railroads are finished and secondary railroads are not far behind?

Very well.