Author Topic: Vehicle Tower Defense (GMS)  (Read 243 times)

For the past couple days I've been working on my own Tower Defense game which I heavily based off of Warzone Tower DefenseLINK IS TO V1 WHICH IS ABANDONED TO ITS PREDECESOR "(Extended)". I've so far made a few of the enemy sprites, and am currently working on the game core itself. Implementing the same style of WTD. The sprites aren't very realistic nor creative, but my main goal is to focus on the stability and capabilities in the game. I want to make more towers to place, upgrades, and loads more to have aside from the Survival mode that WTD only offered you. I plan on avoiding in game purchases like WTD Extended had, and to make all of the game entirely free from legal currency. In-game purchases that do exist will all be bought using game points that you earn while playing, depending on the game mode and how long it lasts. The survival will be basically the same thing as WTD, difference being the tower you're defending, enemies, towers, and terrain used to make the basic layout. Most tower defense games usually have set building points for towers, set paths for enemies, etc. But WTD allowed you to place towers anywhere, and the enemies' paths changed to go the shortest path they could. I'm trying to aim for this, along with some terrain pathways which will require underground tower upgrades. Any towers placed on the terrain up top will not be able to shoot down ground enemies, but to make them less useless can be used for air. These places for terrain towers will be limited to the pathways underneath and various spots on top of it since they're really just meant for underground towers.
(When I say tower I'm referring to the weapon tower you use to defend, the first tower I mentioned "Tower you're defending" is like the communication station in WTD.)
I'm using Game Maker Studio to build this game, I would be using Unity but I'm not experienced enough in the engine to do anything like this. I've taken a liking to the GUI and user friendliness of GMS anyways, so I doubt I'll be switching unless the game goes into further development that includes more that GMS doesn't offer.
Here I'll be updating on progress in the game's development and eventually taking pictures. When the game is playable (probably the survival mode) I'll have a download. When the full game is complete it will be posted on this thread.
I guess you could also discuss tower defense games in general.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 03:34:05 PM by Ducky duck »