'nielsen' is at my home and im just a simple southern folk who doesnt know anyth

Author Topic: 'nielsen' is at my home and im just a simple southern folk who doesnt know anyth  (Read 726 times)

okay so these people from 'nielsen tv' or something have come to our home

they're (what i think is) offering $$$ in exchange for our television history (and i think maybe internet?) being tracked/monitored, which i really don't like the idea of. i don't really have much of a say of what happens or what doesn't, but while the discussion is still happening, i want to know as much about it as i can. i'm also not too much a fan of a pretty big company having that sort of ability/information, really.

i'm not really able to find many things about them, but what i don't like is that apparently what we view actually counts for something and pretty much forgets up my ability to just turn on the tv to be around on the background, since now there's some kind of 'responsibility' to it and will maybe count for something.

so has anybody here actually encountered this/signed up for them/working for them now? i'm still looking around for more information and im still not really sure
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 03:54:12 PM by Decepticon »

Nielsen is a company that sell TV watching statistics to TV stations for profit. That way the stations know what and what isn't popular.

They contribute to the TV "Ratings" system.

I don't think they do Internet history.

So yeah, there isn't really that big of a privacy danger, but perhaps if you watch research on tv or something.

If you legitimately don't want them knowing what TV you watch, then don't sign up, because they'll know. If you're okay with them knowing what you watch, then go ahead and sign up, it's free money lol

get paid to watch tv and stuffpost hell yeah

"Deception."

Your name is so fitting for what this sounds like it could be, lol.

you don't really have much control over the television you watch anyways, they're just gonna use that for ratings

internet history sounds bad though, don't want em knowing you go on paheal and stuff.

They don't track internet history

Do it, its
a company that sell TV watching statistics to TV stations for profit. That way the stations know what and what isn't popular. They contribute to the TV "Ratings" system. I don't think they do Internet history.

ITS ACTUALLY THE NSA. QUICKLY, ENCRYPT EVERYTHING.