Author Topic: Why are "Blockland is Dead" threads bannable?  (Read 1731 times)

I've asked this question many times but i still don't have a clear answer.

Why are they bannable?

Take this for example, bill nye was asking a legitimate question and would have no idea that these type of topics were bannable. Hell, there's not even a rule saying that it's bannable.
So why are do they get banned?

Please keep in mind that this is not a blockland is dying thread and I'm not making this thread for purposes of stirring things up.

because they're just stupid when you look at the brown townytics for blockland

they are spam
But literally how would someone know this? Say you are an old user that is asking that question and probably have no idea it's been asked before. There's not even a rule saying you cant post them.

because they're just stupid when you look at the brown townytics for blockland
yeah if you looked the brown townytics you'd see it was dead before it even started

life is but a whispering dream that we've lied to ourselves that it's right in front of us but in truth the only thing that lies ahead is the sweet release of death

its an unwritten rule

because the subject is brought up multiple times a year and the answer has been exhausted
users should search for the subject if they'd like to know if its been ask before

Badspot should pin it or make the rule or something. And I have a feeling that the people who are banned for these get perma'd.

its an unwritten rule
how the hell are newcomers going to know an unwritten rule?
users should search for the subject if they'd like to know if its been ask before
nobody does this

I think the RIP Blockland thread should at least be pinned so I can find it easier and it would also give newcomers a heads up

its an unwritten rule

because the subject is brought up multiple times a year and the answer has been exhausted
I think it kinda loosely fits into the "if the game is no longer fun for you - stop playing" rule

I think the RIP Blockland thread should at least be pinned so I can find it easier and it would also give newcomers a heads up
If you pin a topic about Blockland not being dead it immediately draws suspiscion and questions.

"Why would there need to be a topic saying the game isn't dead if the game isn't dead?"
It's bad advertising and off-putting to newcomers. Would you hang around if the first thing you saw was an official post insisting the game is alive?

It's a catch-22. We don't want people asking if the game is dead because it's obnoxious, repetetive and annoying. We can't ask people not to post those things because it invites them to post more and looks bad.

how the hell are newcomers going to know an unwritten rule?
How is a newcomer going to think blockland is dying when he has no prior frame of reference to compare activity levels?

How is a newcomer going to think blockland is dying when he has no prior frame of reference to compare activity levels?
He doesnt need evidence really, if he thinks the game is getting slow then he'll make a post about it.

Also why do the ban victims get banned permanately.

He doesnt need evidence really, if he thinks the game is getting slow then he'll make a post about it.

Also why do the ban victims get banned permanately.
I guess Mr. Badspot figures since Blockland is dead to them, the poster is dead to Badspot.