Author Topic: Players unable to join  (Read 1183 times)

Today, I tried to host, I have 3 of my friends join
They all couldn't ( Some kinda 'Sending Punch Packet error )
Me and my friends tried to restart BL, and then join the server, only to have the same thing happen.
Recently I that Disk Write Error, but managed to fix it by deleting RTB, and the cache file.
Attached console to see if the forums rag-tag tech support can see an error I'm talking to you, Pecon

Thanks a million.

Same issue here, when i last checked half of the servers have no ping

Yeah, same issue here, my ping is --- according to my friends, I've tried restarting my router, verifying Blockland, restarting the game and also stated here to delete the cache file and RTB. My ingame name is SynxaoBS for any wondering.

Can't always rely on UPnP, you'll need to port forward.

-snip-
How do I port forward?
The tutorial Badspot put up is quite outdated

Here is a detailed explanation for every router conceivable with every game that needs port forwarding (which includes Blockland):
http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/

How do I port forward?
The tutorial Badspot put up is quite outdated
Not really, it still follows the same basic principle of setting a static IP, then forwarding your ports on the router to that static IP for the ports BL uses (28000)

Of course most routers all have varying gateway UI' but most of them have the same basic setup options unless you have a really low-end (old/cheap) router. That's where portforward.com can help if you can't find the port forwarding option in your router settings

Give me your router model, I'll help the best I can

Clicked D-link, this is what I got.

There should be a barely visible button to skip this ad, somewhere in the corner of your screen.

-snip-
It tells me to get my DNS Servers.
This doesn't look right.

It tells me to get my DNS Servers.
This doesn't look right.

That is an ipv6 address, not really strange.
Try some things from here: http://superuser.com/questions/638566/strange-value-in-dns-shown-in-ipconfig
Like resetting your router.

Well, I guess I'll just not host.
Too bad, too. I had a huge map an everythin'
Seems like too much effort. That or I'm just lazy.

Locking.