30 FPS on a GTX 980 i7 4970K?

Author Topic: 30 FPS on a GTX 980 i7 4970K?  (Read 773 times)

I just got a new PC and so far, its going fantastic with the fast performance on every game left and right. But however, for some reason, Blockland is the only game that seems to barely hit 60 FPS. Its irritating and this occurs in a lot of servers unless its a baseplate or empty. Disable V-Sync is on, Force V-Sync off in NVidia Control Panel, and its at max settings. When I first got my laptop a long time ago, it had no problem running Blockland. Here, it's been extremely unsatisfying. Especially since Crysis 2 and The Evil Within run superbly. I am certain there's some VSync or some kind of Triple Buffering or something going on here.

did you install your drivers correctly?

are the drivers up to date?

what motherboard do you have?

are you using shaders?

I have the same CPU and GPU and you should be getting very good performance (60+ FPS) even with everything maxed out, so what are your blockland graphics settings (including the graphics options in the advanced tab)? Unless disable vertex buffer objects is enabled, I don't really know what would really hurt your FPS with such a high end config.

Try forcing AA through the nvidia control panel, and turning shaders off and back on again.

Go to options>advanced, did you accidentally check "disable vertex buffer objects"? That'll destroy performance, I have no idea why that setting even exists.