What if Kompresor and Badspot restore interiors and terrains?

Poll

Do you wish to see old maps from old versions of the Blockland?

YES!!!!
73 (53.7%)
Not really...I like playing only slate.
20 (14.7%)
Nope.avi
43 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 136

Author Topic: What if Kompresor and Badspot restore interiors and terrains?  (Read 7142 times)

The ultimate issue with removing maps is that most players do not have the technical skill or patience to assemble a masterpiece of general use terrain. And then the ones that do, do not actually share their talents at all. Upon scanning through the server lists on the Blockland website, I see a lot of private servers with these really awesome terrains that I would absolutely love to implement, but can't get my hands on because they're locked behind a password. Then they literally vanish into the abyss, never to be seen or heard from again.
I wonder how many of these people are building their terrain and want to be left alone while they build.
I like to have my server open while i build so people can join and entertain themselves too.
But, I can see that it's easier for someone to get in the way while you're building with big terrain blocks.

That said, there may be plenty of users who do build complete terrains and then never release them or even host them to the public.

I don't even pay attention to the chat while I am building. I don't even notice if someone is trying to talk to me until they try getting in the way of me building. It breaks my concentration.

I don't even pay attention to the chat while I am building. I don't even notice if someone is trying to talk to me until they try getting in the way of me building. It breaks my concentration.
This is usually the case for me. I probably come off as quite rude when building.

as of recent the whole "it takes too much time to create terrain" argument is largely nullified, due to the release of the Procedural Terrain Generator

it's a bit technical i suppose to generate the terrain, but it's faster than creating it yourself

it'd be cool if there was some sort of terrain brush tool sorta like mission editor of some sort

Man I miss the kitchen map.

The ultimate issue with removing maps is that most players do not have the technical skill or patience to assemble a masterpiece of general use terrain. And then the ones that do, do not actually share their talents at all. Upon scanning through the server lists on the Blockland website, I see a lot of private servers with these really awesome terrains that I would absolutely love to implement, but can't get my hands on because they're locked behind a password. Then they literally vanish into the abyss, never to be seen or heard from again.
Not really sure why you think that people should be obligated to share their work with everyone else. Seems like an absolutely ridiculous idea unless they've completely abandoned the project/server.

This is usually the case for me. I probably come off as quite rude when building.
Me when I'm eventing, lol

you didnt even join during that era op

Then this game would be dinner to play again.

doubt it would happen. i heard they've been dead for 4 years now