Author Topic: is it me or is square enix is the best game dev company out there right now?  (Read 3469 times)

No?
well, I don't keep up with serious sam, but I own the third one and I played it once and it was pretty unpleasant

nah fam Firaxis is where its at

ubisoft as a whole might be terrible but the montreal division is a fantastic group of people
they were the reason why everything about watch dogs shat itself.

In no order, id put em in top 3.

No love for valve? :c

Maybe 8 years ago. You dont get points for not making games anymore.

I detest Ubisoft.  They used to make great games but their love of micro-transactions and some recent stuff releases have dropped them waayyyy down.  Depending on how The Division goes, I may like them a bit more.

R* also has dropped in my mind recently, or rather, Take Two.  Their cease and desist bullstuff, as OP mentioned, was a major richard move.  Although it was probably in their right to do so as they could lose money, if people start creating massive mods like that, there is usually a reason for them doing so.  I.e. we want to forget around online and try mods together without being banned.   Their ridiculously high priced updates have also pissed me off, although haxors have solved that until recently.  Seems like they've finally fixed their hacker problem, although peer-to-peer play is still stuff.

Edit: SE is amazing cuz JC3 :) such a fun game

No love for valve? :c

Some of the worst customer service and not a single original game in what? 5 years?

Valve is far from the best.

what about fromsoftware? They've released multiple titles and their flagship is the soul-style games, and they're all really good

Maybe 8 years ago. You dont get points for not making games anymore.
you're forgetting half life 3!!!!111

although more like 5 years, portal 2 came out in 2011

i love half life but valve is seriously on my bad side after the stuff they pulled with escrow and other numerous stufffests