Author Topic: Firewatch - A wilderness mystery (Out now!)  (Read 7282 times)

From the game description:

The year is 1989. You are a man named Henry who has retreated from his messy life to work as a fire lookout in the Wyoming wilderness. Perched high atop a mountain, it’s your job to look for smoke and keep the wilderness safe. An especially hot, dry summer has everyone on edge. Your supervisor Delilah is available to you at all times over a small, handheld radio—your only contact with the world you've left behind. But when something strange draws you out of your lookout tower and into the forest, you’ll explore a wild and unknown environment, facing questions and making choices that can build or destroy the only meaningful relationship you have.

Images and words don't do the game justice, to really see what it's all about check out the videos on the Steam page.

I watched Vinny of Vinesauce play the first part of the game last night, and I'm thoroughly hooked. The game looks amazing visually, the banter between Henry and Delilah is perfect, and the big mystery was only just starting to appear when his early-streamer copy ended about an hour or two in. If you're interested in seeing what the game itself is like, you can watch Vinny's vod here.

The game is out for PC/Mac/Linux and PS4, and you can get 10% off on Steam until Feb. 12th.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:21:15 PM by Regulith »

I've been watching this game since, I think, 2014. Looks very interesting.

it looks really pretty, and it reminds me of those stories about a search and rescue officer on /r/nosleep
I might get it sometime

The first mission of this game is really awkward

i saw this game at e3, it looked cool.
i really love the colors and art style

bought immediately. had no idea it was coming out tomorrow, im so hyped

lol I bought it
now I just have to wait until 3am to download it

ooh i didnt know this was coming out so soon
looked really interesting in whatever e3 it showed up in

I watched vinesauce stream the demo and I want everything about this game

looks interesting
i know the guy who animated this through some some pretty cool half life animations

it looks really pretty, and it reminds me of those stories about a search and rescue officer on /r/nosleep
I might get it sometime
wait hold on

if it's anything like those stories im buying it immediately

wait hold on
if it's anything like those stories im buying it immediately
they're both about spooky forests and forest service dudes so I expect it to be at least a little similar
I'm honestly kinda afraid to play the game cus let me tell you something buddy I'm not the kinda person who plays horror games. but it seems like the creepy kinda thing, which I actually do like, rather than jumpscare stuff like most other horror games, so I'm hopeful. I'll just have to play it during the day lol

they're both about spooky forests and forest service dudes so I expect it to be at least a little similar
I'm honestly kinda afraid to play the game cus let me tell you something buddy I'm not the kinda person who plays horror games. but it seems like the creepy kinda thing, which I actually do like, rather than jumpscare stuff like most other horror games, so I'm hopeful. I'll just have to play it during the day lol
I doubt they'd have a jumpscare in here, they seem to be going down a route of spookies but only to a mystery extent, don't expect anything paranormal or whatnot, as they stated the factor of spookies will be driven by the environments themselves, unless atmospheres can jump out at you.

also already preloaded on the comp compute, holy forget I just want to play this stuff already I literally have like 4 things of Firewatch on my walls oh me lord

I doubt they'd have a jumpscare in here, they seem to be going down a route of spookies but only to a mystery extent, don't expect anything paranormal or whatnot, as they stated the factor of spookies will be driven by the environments themselves, unless atmospheres can jump out at you.

also already preloaded on the comp compute, holy forget I just want to play this stuff already I literally have like 4 things of Firewatch on my walls oh me lord
burning up in the atmosphere is a really cheap jumpscare

burning up in the atmosphere is a really cheap jumpscare
hey y'know the door is in a general direction and you should leave you offensive individual.