Maximus Gran (Chapter Two: In the Land of the Blind)

Author Topic: Maximus Gran (Chapter Two: In the Land of the Blind)  (Read 3905 times)

Credit to Zharthon for inspiring the creation of the thread, naming the protag, and giving input on dialogue/chapter titles

CHAPTER ONE: Waking Up From the American Dream

GUNMAN 1: Freeze! Don't try anything stupid, pal!
INNOCENT 1: No! No! Someone hel---

*BLAM* *CHK CHK* *BLAM*

GUNMAN 1: Dumb gringo. Hey you! Get over here!
INNOCENT 2: Jesus H. Christ!
Footsteps are heard as the Innocent makes a break for it.
GUNMAN 2: He's running! GET HIM!

*BANG* *BANG*
A loud THUD sounds as a body hits the floor.

*BLAM* *BLAM* *BLAM*

INNOCENT 3: AAARRGH!
The sound of a body falling to the floor is heard.
INNOCENT 4: AIIIIEEE!
Another body falls to the floor.
INNOCENT 5: (Gasping for breath) Have.... Mercy....
GUNMAN 2: Hand it over!
INNOCENT 5: Just take it! Please stop this---
*BLAM* *SPLORT*
GUNMAN 3: We get what we came for, yet?
GUNMAN 4: This ain't it! Jamie and I will check this guy's room, both of you try the others!

Maximus Gran(YOU): Seven in the morning. A heavenly choir of screaming mixed with gunfire playing in the background wakes me up from a peaceful slumber.

Maximus Gran(YOU): The carelessness of these troublemakers hit me like a point blank shotgun blast. Whoever these chumps were, they certainly didn’t know the meaning of subtlety. Danger lurked outside the door to my apartment, fangs glistening in the dark. I had to be careful to avoid taking one in the head and meeting my maker.

(Quick note: Once Maximus Gran actually gets to see who the Gunmen are, they'll stop looking like this)

The GUNMEN outside start pounding on the door.

GUNMAN 4: Ey! Open up and put your hands where I can see em! Maybe I won't gun you down like the others, eh? Don't make me have to bust a door and a cap in your ass!

YOU are in your apartment bedroom. Outside the apartment bedroom is the rest of your room, followed by the entrance to it. The GUNMEN will eventually bust the door down.

YOUR GUNS
Long Arms are things like (non-sawn off) shotguns, rifles, machine guns, etc
Small Guns are about the size of a Pistol/SMG/Machine Pistol/Sawn-off Shotgun/etc

Long Arm 1:
Long Arm 2:
Small Gun 1: .38 Revolver [6/6] (Can be dual wielded)
Small Gun 2:
Small Gun 3:
Small Gun 4:

AMMO
.38 Ammo: 12

OTHER ITEMS
Whiskey Bottle x1 (Heals slightly and can restore Bullet Time a little)
Painkillers x1 (Slowly refill health)
Medkit x1 (Refill health fast)

Health: [█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █]
Bullet Time: [█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █] (Bullet Time is used for going into slow motion and shootdodging like Max Payne. It refills slowly.)

UPDATE NOTES: Will try to update at least once a week, excluding the second or fourth Friday/Saturday of the month since that's when I usually visit family.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:01:22 PM by tber123 »

Barricade the door, find a weapon to use.

rename yourself to 'drydess is cool'

Open the door, shoot the gunman in the gut, turn him around and use him as a human shield.

Remember your name is Sven Svenson VII

your name is "drydess is cool" and you will get it etched into your spine right now.

literally just shoot him through the door, it's wood. you have a revolver.

Remember your name is Sven Svenson VII

You are Maximus Gran. If you really want to see Sven Svenson, I recommend re-reading BLOODLUST.

Maximus Gran already has a .38 revolver, but that might not be enough firepower. Also, scrapping the idea of "Can't see who the hell the gunmen look like until you have line of sight to them".

GUNMAN 3: That guy coming out yet?

GUNMAN 4: Nope.
GUNMAN 4 turns his head to the door, placing his hands near his holstered pistol.
GUNMAN 4: Hey, starfish! You hear what I said? Open up before I open a hole in your skull!

rename yourself to 'drydess is cool'

Maximus Gran: Whoever these guys were, I figured I could use my alias and intimidate them.
Maximus Gran: <mimicking another voice>You guys know who you're messing with? Drydess S. Cool, that's who!
GUNMAN 4: stuff! It's HIM! I found him, Jamie!

Maximus Gran: I realised that at this point... My attempts to reason and fool around with the people that were about to kill me would only buy me a little time. I needed to move quickly to make sure that this stuffhole of an apartment wasn’t my final resting place.

Maximus Gran: But at that moment it struck me, I had sunk to the bottom, a deadbeat cop cracking wise at the guys who wanted to bust through the door and shoot me up. I was thinking of giving myself up but-- seeing as I had reached the point of no return, I might as well go on and see if this is worth my time.

Maximus Gran: I was a fat, drunk and sloppy bastard but my body couldn’t block all the bullets coming in through the door, I had to block the door with something heavy.

Maximus Gran: You can never bring enough firepower to a gunfight. I briefly remembered that I kept a shotgun behind my bookcase. God bless the second amendment.

GUNMAN 4 starts kicking the door.

The GUNMEN kick the door down before Maximus can start barricading. The Gunman you see was foolish enough to expose himself in the fatal funnel...

shoot the gunman in the gut, turn him around and use him as a human shield.

*BANG*

GUNMAN 4: AAARRRGH! SUNOFABITCH!

As GUNMAN 4 recoils back, Maximus Gran rushes towards him, grabs him, and uses him as a human shield. GUNMAN 3 tries to get a shot off before Maximus grabs GUNMAN 4, only to end up shooting and killing GUNMAN 4.

GUNMAN 3: stuff! Leo is dead! I give up, man! Don't shoot---

GUNMAN 3's pleading is cut short when a bullet enters his skull.

You notice a DESERT EAGLE and a CZ SKORPION VZ .83 W/ SUPPRESSOR, LASER SIGHT, STOCK UNFOLDED on the ground.

The other two GUNMEN rush to the source of the gunfire.

GUNMAN 1: JAMIE! Everything alright out there?

GUNMAN 2: <Noticing that Jamie and GUNMAN 4 are dead> Dios mio! Jamie is DEAD!

GUNMAN 1: GET HIM!

GUNMAN 1: (HEALTHY █ █ █ █ █) (Remington 870 MCS)
GUNMAN 2: (HEALTHY █ █ █ █ █) (AKS-74U)

You see a Desert Eagle and a CZ Skorpion Vz. 83 on the ground.

YOUR GUNS
Long Arms are things like (non-sawn off) shotguns, rifles, machine guns, etc
Small Guns are about the size of a Pistol/SMG/Machine Pistol/Sawn-off Shotgun/etc

Long Arm 1:
Long Arm 2:
Small Gun 1: .38 Revolver [4/6] (Can be dual wielded)
Small Gun 2: Sawn-Off DB Shotgun [2/2] (Can be dual wielded)
Small Gun 3:
Small Gun 4:

AMMO
.38 Ammo: 12
Shotgun Shells: 4

OTHER ITEMS
Whiskey Bottle x1 (Heals slightly and can restore Bullet Time a little)
Painkillers x1 (Slowly refill health)
Medkit x1 (Refill health fast)

Health: [█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █]
Bullet Time: [█ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █ █] (Bullet Time is used for going into slow motion and shootdodging like Max Payne. It refills slowly.)

UPDATE NOTES: Will try to update at least once a week, excluding the second or fourth Friday/Saturday of the month since that's when I usually visit family.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 07:38:45 PM by tber123 »

Engage bullet time. Bust down the door and rip off Gunman 2's richard and throw it at Gunman 1

Roll for cover, grab the Desert Eagle and blind fire at the gunmen.

Bullet time and SUPERHOT