12 (14.6%)
Meh
6 (7.3%)
They're lame
5 (6.1%)
They're a big dumb poopy-face
24 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Idle has been active for 1,000 days!  (Read 2640 times)

did you even bother reading anyone elses post about this
Yes
1000 days we did it boys the idler has gotten the time!!!

[im g]http://puu.sh/n1UCO/a3cf9d5d04.png[/img]

!!

i'm handicapped
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 03:42:35 PM by Tudoreleu »

There's no way 999:23:59 is an smf limit
Or at least, not in the way people are thinking

Since computers store numbers in binary, any number that is perfectly round in decimal would be an arbitrary limit specifically placed by the developers. Meaning it wouldn't be something that they'd have to work more to allow to happen and just didn't do the work because they didn't think it would happen, but rather the complete opposite: they would have to specifically work to add that limit.

So it's many, many times more likely that Idle just logged off before that time to make you all upset.

The length of time logged in would be stored as 32 bit integer (at least, as 16 bit is simply too small)
Which would give a limit of ~49710 days if the time is stored as seconds (more likely, IMO) or 2982600 days if stored as minutes
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:24:27 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

Who IS Idle anyway? Who controls the account?

Who IS Idle anyway? Who controls the account?
iirc it's otis

Bisjac accused me of being Idle at some point several years ago. At that point I was also very close to his time spent online, and let's not forget he made a thread calling for Masterlegodude to be banned for surpassing his time spent online. It's pretty clear how important the time spent online stat is to him.

It's not online anymore, but on the old RTB ID lookup site you could see Idle's ID 414 also had the name Bisjac linked to it at one point.

let's not forget he made a thread calling for Masterlegodude to be banned for surpassing his time spent online.
Oh wow, when I saw this I expected it to have been quite some time ago, not recent.
I now want to make something to keep me active, sadly it'd take at the least a year for me to catch up to Bisjac.

So it's many, many times more likely that Idle just logged off before that time to make you all upset.
But when Idle hit 999 days, 23 hours, and 59 minutes, they were still online for some time after reaching that, surely they would've hit 1,000 days before they were logged out, but they never did

Could it really have taken 10+ minutes to register them having logged out on their profile?

Could it really have taken 10+ minutes to register them having logged out on their profile?
Given that the "users online" list gives people logged on within the last 15 minutes
probably

Given that the "users online" list gives people logged on within the last 15 minutes
probably
But the online/offline box on their profile doesn't, right?
That's accurate to the second?

If so, did those earlier on who saw Idle online after reaching 999 23:59 use the Users Online list, or check their profile?

I was looking at their profile, and their status showed that they were still online

At that point I was also very close to his time spent online, and let's not forget he made a thread calling for Masterlegodude to be banned for surpassing his time spent online.
Classic Bisjac.