Overwatch Megathread

Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: Overwatch Megathread  (Read 779627 times)

content made using parts of the development team that could be better allocated to things that are actually good
how would a survival mode be bad. its not like its incredibly difficult and survival is a great gamemode in any fps. it would be nice to have something new to play other then every patch just being hero buffs and debuffs. lucio ball was amazing, and i see no problem with them doing things like this.

how would a survival mode be bad. its not like its incredibly difficult and survival is a great gamemode in any fps. it would be nice to have something new to play other then every patch just being hero buffs and debuffs. lucio ball was amazing, and i see no problem with them doing things like this.

alright let's just...humor the idea for a moment

remember what mann vs. machine did to team fortress 2? every time they change a line of code in the main game it breaks like 18 things in mann vs. machine and vice versa

and if that doesn't end up being a problem, how would such a mode even work? it works in plenty of other games because they're just...guns. overwatch has all these different abilities and ults that are designed to work against 6 human players, not hordes of things, they'd likely have to rebalance the game all over again because everyone would just pick heroes like mei and bastion and win

I'd much rather have that manpower working on things like balancing, new heroes, and new maps than some gamemode that people can play on literally every other first person shooter made in the last 10 years

alright let's just...humor the idea for a moment

remember what mann vs. machine did to team fortress 2? every time they change a line of code in the main game it breaks like 18 things in mann vs. machine and vice versa

and if that doesn't end up being a problem, how would such a mode even work? it works in plenty of other games because they're just...guns. overwatch has all these different abilities and ults that are designed to work against 6 human players, not hordes of things, they'd likely have to rebalance the game all over again because everyone would just pick heroes like mei and bastion and win

I'd much rather have that manpower working on things like balancing, new heroes, and new maps than some gamemode that people can play on literally every other first person shooter made in the last 10 years
You're seriously over thinking this
It doesn't need to be a whole game mode
Look at weekly brawls.  Look at lucio ball. I believe blizzard has stated they want to do more with brawls, we're just throwing out ideas of things that could be neat.
 It doesn't have to be an absolutely perfect, rock solid thing that will last for hundreds of hours of game time. Just a quickly thrown together thing for a few laughs.
Regarding balance, again, look at the past brawls. Support only was hella imbalanced. Mercy and pharah only was long as forget overtime. You don't try to balance around that, because that's not the point

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748794686

"hmm I wonder what that says, let me just highlight it so I can quick-transl-OH FUUUUCCCkool kids klub"

"hmm I wonder what that says, let me just highlight it so I can quick-transl-OH FUUUUCCCkool kids klub"
quick and stuffty translation:
he who has the information; has the power

https://blzgdapipro-a.akamaihd.net/media/screenshot/usa-ambas-calaveras.html
This was just extracted from that along with the phrase:

Parecen estar muy interesados en estos "héroes". ¿Tal vez les interese conocer algunos detallitos que he averiguado sobre ellos?

Holy stuff, they just decoded the heart bleeps to "Moment in crime" which was the Junkrat and Roadhog reveal trailer, which in turn lead them to an email that sent them this:

We have brown townyzed your submission and forwarded the information to the relevant parties. Your help could be vital in apprehending these cri

...Estableciendo conexión...
...Protocolo Sombra v1.7 iniciado...

017:47 0222 0186 02:13:43 01:18:32
01:18:21 02:10:19 016:21 025:18 0142
0178 02:18:25 01:134 02:19:20 01:232
01:16:40 02:16:35 01:234 02:17:16 016:42
01:13:29 02:186 0152 02:15:41 018:34

j.7F57O,NLv:qj.7B:,1qv@B1j5ivB:,

...Terminando conexión...

minals and bringing them to justice. These fugitives are responsible for a string of robberies, arson, and other crimes stretching from Sydney to King's Row.

Authorities believe that they have set their sights on crossing the Atlantic to America.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 05:55:35 PM by Nymph »

apparently that sombra forum post's time since it was posted is counting down
ho oh BOY

edit: not on the topic link that nymph put but on here
http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/22813879/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 04:21:55 AM by gr8dayseth »

it says 1 sec for me
You have to view it from the general discussion board, not the actual topic

You have to view it from the general discussion board, not the actual topic
Was about to correct my post, just saw

it jumped from 50~ seconds to 11~ within a few seconds then went away holy stuff