Overwatch Megathread

Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: Overwatch Megathread  (Read 780759 times)

I want to buy it so bad but idek if it will run well on Linux

there isn't a linux port and it probably won't work well with WINE so don't bother.

I explored the rest of the arcade and I really didn't like it

1v1 mystery heroes sucks because most of the heroes really aren't designed to go head-to-head and the whole thing is too stressful to be any fun

6v6 mystery heroes just feels like you got shafted by luck whenever you lose

6v6 no limits seems to exist exclusively to cater to the type of people who want to do 3 bastions, 2 winstons, and a healer

I guess I'll be sticking to 3v3 for my free loot boxes

when in doubt

spoiler: it doesn't

I explored the rest of the arcade and I really didn't like it

1v1 mystery heroes sucks because most of the heroes really aren't designed to go head-to-head and the whole thing is too stressful to be any fun

6v6 mystery heroes just feels like you got shafted by luck whenever you lose

6v6 no limits seems to exist exclusively to cater to the type of people who want to do 3 bastions, 2 winstons, and a healer

I guess I'll be sticking to 3v3 for my free loot boxes
I like 1v1 because if I lose, it's my own fault. If I win, it's because I played better than my opponent. I've learned that even Bastion and Symmetra have at least some depth in 1v1s, and I didn't even play it that long. Though I tend to enjoy solo games over team games, no matter how bad I may be at them. (e.g. Boid, Duelyst, Blade Symphony, Lethal League)
6v6 mystery is awful. It's what was rolling, if I recall, during the open beta. 6v6 mystery is basically dying until your team has a better comp than the enemy team's. Assuming it still does the rerolling on death thing. If not, even worse.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 01:49:24 AM by Shift Kitty »

I like 1v1 because if I lose, it's my own fault. If I win, it's because I played better than my opponent. I've learned that even Bastion and Symmetra have at least some depth in 1v1s, and I didn't even play it that long. Though I tend to enjoy solo games over team games, no matter how bad I may be at them. (e.g. Boid, Duelyst, Blade Symphony, Lethal League)

I'm all for that, it just feels really stupid when you get someone like Zarya or Winston and you just kind of awkwardly flail around in front of each other hoping you hit them slightly more than they did, or you get someone like Torbjorn or Bastion and spend 5 minutes playing hide-n-seek

Symmetra 1v1s are silly but everything else is fine imo

Mystery heroes is amusing for a game or two, but then yeah, it gets frustrating

honestly i think they should get rid of symmetra and zarya 1v1s

they're frustrating and boring
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 11:32:42 AM by Poliwhirl »

honestly i think they should get rid of symettra and zarya 1v1s

and bastion

honestly i think they should get rid of symmetra and zarya 1v1s

zarya for sure, she only gets like 4 energy max because the other person instantly knows to cease fire so all that ends up happening is you both activate your shields and then have a tickle fight for the next 90 seconds

symmetra at least has the potential to be interesting, if you can avoid one person sitting in a room with their turrets

yea i only played like 3 1v1 matches all during the ptr when i quickly realized how dumb some of the matchups can be
first time i realized this was on my second game and symmetra was the hero and i was wondering why the other dude wasn't trying to be nearly as agressive as i was while putting turrets all over the place in attempt to find him before i walked into a deathtrap room
before realizing that though i was having loads of fun

yeah bastion 1v1s arent good :C

every time i play a 1v1 they just call me a cigarette