Overwatch Megathread

Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: Overwatch Megathread  (Read 779914 times)

voiced by terry crews is all i needed to hear, found my new main

Could be a fake leak tho

The PTR has been updated

Genji
    Removed the attack cooldown from Genji’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb

Developer Comments: This is a quality of life change to make wall climbing feel better.

Hanzo
    Removed the attack cooldown from Hanzo’s wall climbing ability, allowing him to engage with enemies immediately after completing a climb
    Storm Bow
        Increased charge speed by 10%
        Charged arrows now maintain their charge after climbing a wall, provided the button is continuously held

Developer Comments: Decreasing Hanzo’s draw time gives him more overall DPS, while also letting him fully charge an arrow and more quickly return to full movement speed when needed. And, like the change to Genji’s wall climbing, this is a quality of life change that will make climbing feel better.

Orisa
    Fusion Driver
        Damage reduced by 15%
    Protective Barrier
        Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds

Developer Comments: To help Orisa maintain the front line for her team, we’re reducing the cooldown of her Protective Barrier. This change also helps her reposition the barrier more easily when needed. To compensate for this new defensive strength, we're reducing her Fusion Driver's damage, as it felt too high.

Reaper
    Wraith Form
        Ammo is now entirely refilled when Wraith Form is used

Developer Comments: Wraith Form is typically used as an escape ability after firing. This change gives Reaper a fighting chance if an enemy chases him down as he uses it.

Reinhardt
    Earthshatter
        Effective height has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters
        The height threshold of objects that Earthshatter can "climb" has been lowered from 3 meters to 2 meters, making Earthshatter less likely to climb tall objects as it "crawls" along the ground.

Developer Comments: Earthshatter tended to climb unexpectedly high, frequently hitting targets that were significantly above the ground. These changes help the ability stay more grounded.

Soldier: 76
    Heavy Pulse Rifle
        Bullet damage decreased from 20 to 19

Developer Comments: Soldier:76 is in a much better place lately, but his damage output was making him a must pick, compared to similar roles.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 06:08:45 PM by Regulith »

those reaper and hanzo changes are a1

These changes in general are really good, gonna miss hitting the moon with earth shatter tho

man the reaper change is really good

btw u can now see who ur team's mercy rezs in the kill feed with a special blue background to have it stand out a bit

btw u can now see who ur team's mercy rezs in the kill feed with a special blue background to have it stand out a bit

good stuff

things to note:

the patch is really healthy for orisa. her damage atm is incredibly strong, so this + the shield buff force her to play a utility tank role instead of a defensive bruiser.

the damage nerf on soldier pretty much prevents him from 3-shotting most heroes

expect more attack hanzo and mccree. that's my only insight from this patch

Assists have also been added.

WAIT WTF I THOUGHT IT DIDNT END UNTIL LIKE THE 6th

that's a good view brother -HH

I guess playing 10 rounds of HOTS wasn't so bad after all