Overwatch Megathread

Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: Overwatch Megathread  (Read 780886 times)

also i just noticed, roadhog has the polycount pin on him
The polycount pin has nothing to do with TF2, it's from the polycount forums.

does anyone have a clean version of this death yell
if not i'm starting a custom game and jumping off a cliff twelve times

reaper is secretly a gorilla lol

breakdown of the "abandonment penalty" system:

If your percentage of games left across the last 20 games rises above Blizzard's "pretty high" threshold, you'll be given a warning
in the bottom-left corner of your screen. Crucially, this includes disconnects and inactivity kicks. The former seems rather cruel,
but Overwatch can tell when the disconnect is server-side, and won't penalise in those instances.

Pass the threshold and you'll be hit with a 75% reduction in XP gain. It's not time-based—the penalty remains until your leave rate
in the last 20 games falls back below the threshold.

Leaving the game before the 'Assemble' phase is over won't count against you. The same is true for leaving on the victory or defeat
screen. What will add to your leave rate is being pulled from a game in progress by joining a group. On that count Blizzard has
admitted "this process may not always feel great, and that's certainly feedback for us to consider."

Some players have reported getting the penalty for leaving games as spectators. This, we're told, is definitely not meant to happen,
so file a bug report if you get hit.

okay what the forget happened in this recent patch

now my loading screens never complete so I get autokicked

and am now subject to a loving leaver penalty

and the ONE time I get into a game after prolonging the autokick through escape keying, no character models show up and I'm lagging like stuff

breakdown of the "abandonment penalty" system:

sounds like you can cheat the system to get out of the penalty by spectating games
if spectating games and leaving them early counts as a game leave, staying probably counts as a game played

not very useful to me, but for Jairo maybe c;

I was finally lucky enough to find a good time and place for using Deadeye.

IT'S HIIIGH NOON.

okay what the forget happened in this recent patch

now my loading screens never complete so I get autokicked

and am now subject to a loving leaver penalty

and the ONE time I get into a game after prolonging the autokick through escape keying, no character models show up and I'm lagging like stuff
What are your comp specs?

i have a mid range pc, i don't experience any of those problems jairo.
the only case of models not loading is at the start of the match, but it fixes itself.