Overwatch Megathread

Poll

-

-
-

Author Topic: Overwatch Megathread  (Read 779726 times)

when they introduce a role queing system this game will be fixed competitively
world of warcraft works like this but why doesn't overwatch?
you queue for the role that you want to play and you get put with other teammates that are structurally sound

casual hanzos portrait looks like its from runescape

speaking of casual hanzo they're changing it to look more like how he looked in the comic
https://twitter.com/PlayOverwatch/status/941867780785168384
also they pulled his pants back up

I wonder if they'll offer some sort of refund for anyone who had it before, I'm betting there's at least one person out there who used credits to buy the skin because they actually liked it the way it was and they're gonna be pissed

I wonder if they'll offer some sort of refund for anyone who had it before, I'm betting there's at least one person out there who used credits to buy the skin because they actually liked it the way it was and they're gonna be pissed
haha probably but i doubt they'll do that, especially cus they said it's for january so the event will be over by then

world of warcraft works like this but why doesn't overwatch?
you queue for the role that you want to play and you get put with other teammates that are structurally sound
I guess the difference is that World of Warcraft has a sort of 'set meta' where you're always taking some number of healers, tanks, and DPS. Overwatch is more of a mixed bag. If the game just starts assuming a meta, and then a balance change happens and the community realizes "Well hey, this setup is actually better", it would likely become even more frustrating. You'll have an extra DPS or something refusing to go tank or something when it's needed because "i role queued!"

Now, it would at least be nice to let you select which heroes you don't want to play as, and then attempt to match you into a loosely balanced team in which everyone can pick a hero they want to play.

also in overwatch they really emphasize hero switching; they want to encourage teams to shift and adapt throughout the match instead of sticking to a single comp the entire time

broad 'role queuing' isn't a good fit for overwatch for that reason. i do like the idea of maybe flagging heroes that you absolutely don't like playing and heroes you really like to play to influence who you queue with tho

I really like the Yeti minigame, but I'm going to miss all of it since I'm not hauling my tower home for the holidays :(

The last yeti game I played I killed the yeti by throwing a trap on a meat and he stepped into it when he had a sliver of health left

I never felt so accomplished

loling out loud you got killed by a hanzo's FRIGGIN scatter