Twitter makes a Trust and Safety Council. Hires Anita Sarkeesian as a member.

Author Topic: Twitter makes a Trust and Safety Council. Hires Anita Sarkeesian as a member.  (Read 3531 times)

Anita's voice is one out of many, and she doesn't have any significant sway.
You're right. This is a council of 42 different users and groups. Which means there's much more than 42 people within this council. And people are throwing a stuff fit over one person out of several having a say on what's harassment and what to do about it.
I'm actually pretty sure every user on there is also a group of people. Now, I'm not entirely sure who else is even part of FF, because the only info is "MORE STAFF BIOS COMING SOON!" and all of the front page stuff appears to be her's.

So Anita is just one voice of a council that's likely at least 200 members large.

So Anita is just one voice of a council that's likely at least 200 members large.
And it's not even a council exclusively composed of SJWs. One of the groups listed on that page is ICTWatch, which is essentially the Indonesian version of the EFF. They aren't going to promote censorship and thought-policing.

A 500lb man probably wouldn't fall faster than a normal man because a 500lb man has a much larger area and a body that's far less rigid (two factors that combined increase air resistance).
Hey I'm not a physicist of any sort, I just thought what any person would of thought, a heavier object would fall faster than a lighter object.

Her beliefs are humans rights violations??? What do you mean? What beliefs specifically?
That there is no such thing as* loveism against men. It violates the very first article of the human rights decleration which states that regardless of gender, love, orientation, etc that all people are to be seen equally. She is making men and women to be unequal by saying men cannot be harassed based on their love/gender.

Death threats are death threats. Like it or not there is clearly huge backlash against her on the internet, and a lot of that goes past legitimate criticism or debate and into harassment.
There's a huge difference between an edgy 13 year old internet troll and a legitimate threat to her safety, something which she has not had once. And as I said, she doesn't even try to humor a debate with anyone who disagrees with her, she just outright blocks them and then asks the UN to censor them.

Feminists use a specific definition for "loveism". One that represents institutionalized, structural loveism, not just prejudice. So she's saying men don't face structural loveism, which is for the most part true. I don't think any society on the planet is woman dominated.
No, feminists in general do not use this definition. Only a small minority of extremist feminists use this definition. It's not even widely used in academia, only a small minority of extremist feminist professors use it, the kind that prioritize women asking questions in the class over men, the kind who ignore mens opinions because they are men. The reason it's only used in said minorities is that it has absolutely no use outside of throwing aside the troubles of other people, that's what it was made for. To ignore, not to help. She knows that very few people care specifically about misandry compared to loveism, so she's attempting to redefine loveism to exclude men so that when a man attempts to call out loveism against them, it can be dismissed. That's not just a semantic difference, it's active discrimination to further her agenda of extremist feminism.

EDIT: fixed brainfart
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:31:22 PM by Ipquarx »

Nobody deserves death threats, even if you think their beliefs are bad.

Clearly twitter wants to make their website safer. Why shouldn't it exist?

1. her activity, ignorance, and deceit is an open invitation for hostility, and only a small percentage of which should actually be taken seriously
2. there is reason to believe that one or more death threats were fabricated
3. you can block people on twitter already
4. if you somehow think you just can't handle those big nasty meanies on the internet, the power button is never too far away
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:26:59 PM by Frequency »

lets not pretend that anyone really cares about death threats via internet like come on now

e: not that faking a death threat isnt idiotic though

lets not pretend that anyone really cares about death threats via internet like come on now

e: not that faking a death threat isnt idiotic though

considering that internet death threats shouldn't really warrant any concern, it's even more ridiculous to fabricate a death threat to get people to be concerned for you.

I made a remark towards femfreqs twitter and now I have some "abuse research" bot following me
doubt its legit but if it is then that's loving hilarious how they are using it for their gain.

That there is no such thing against loveism against men. It violates the very first article of the human rights decleration which states that regardless of gender, love, orientation, etc that all people are to be seen equally. She is making men and women to be unequal by saying men cannot be harassed based on their love/gender.

There's a huge difference between an edgy 13 year old internet troll and a legitimate threat to her safety, something which she has not had once. And as I said, she doesn't even try to humor a debate with anyone who disagrees with her, she just outright blocks them and then asks the UN to censor them.

No, feminists in general do not use this definition. Only a small minority of extremist feminists use this definition. It's not even widely used in academia, only a small minority of extremist feminist professors use it, the kind that prioritize women asking questions in the class over men, the kind who ignore mens opinions because they are men. The reason it's only used in said minorities is that it has absolutely no use outside of throwing aside the troubles of other people, that's what it was made for. To ignore, not to help. She knows that very few people care specifically about misandry compared to loveism, so she's attempting to redefine loveism to exclude men so that when a man attempts to call out loveism against them, it can be dismissed. That's not just a semantic difference, it's active discrimination to further her agenda of extremist feminism.
Her beliefs violate loving human rights legislation? Are you stuffting me? Freedom of thought is not constricted by any humans right legislation.

You're also severely downplaying the harassment she received. She also isn't required to humor a debate with anyone at all, she's a youtuber/public figure not a lawyer. Also, the UN doesn't hold the power to censor anybody at all.

You're touting quite an extensive knowledge of sociology and academic feminism for someone who exists entirely outside of those circles.

1. her activity, ignorance, and deceit is an open invitation for hostility, and only a small percentage of which should actually be taken seriously
2. there is reason to believe that one or more death threats were fabricated
3. you can block people on twitter already
4. if you somehow think you just can't handle those big nasty meanies on the internet, the power button is never too far away
1. then maybe that's a case for her having some say in how harassment is handled on twitter
2. reading that thread, people concede that there is no definitive proof, but that there is "lots of fishy stuff". show me that FOIA request, if anything
3. when hundreds or thousands of people are stuffting on your face, some of them dedicated trolls with multiple accounts, its not feasible to block them all
4. sure but twitter clearly wants to cultivate a culture where you aren't expected to delete your account if the neckbeard deathmob sets its sights on you

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:40:52 PM by ultimamax »

I made a remark towards femfreqs twitter and now I have some "abuse research" bot following me
doubt its legit but if it is then that's loving hilarious how they are using it for their gain.
Link me to its page.

lmfao

the more i think about it, the more i realize, this whole council thing is pretty dumb, i've never seen breaking news that something super bad is happening on twitter, i dont really get why they did this in the first place

3. when hundreds or thousands of people are stuffting on your face, some of them dedicated trolls with multiple accounts, its not feasible to block them all
at that point it should be a clear sign that you should get the forget out

Her beliefs violate loving human rights legislation? Are you stuffting me? Freedom of thought is not constricted by any humans right legislation.
Were her beliefs to be put into legislation. That's the entire point behind what I'm saying. She wants what she believes to be put into action around the world. She doesn't want it to be constricted to thought. Were she to take action on them, it would be a human rights violation.

You're also severely downplaying the harassment she received.
No, I'm not. Not in the slightest. That's not bad in the slightest. You think that's bad? Look at the stuff Richard Dawkins gets: https://youtu.be/qhYT4vE1gvM https://youtu.be/gW7607YiBso
That's just a fraction of what he gets, and he doesn't throw a hissyfit over it. Why? Because he knows they're just idiots with no credibility to back them up. Popular people attract trolls and idiots like the plague. That's just a fact of life, nothing of harm is coming to her or ever was coming to her. The only reason it looks bad for her is because she puts a spotlight on it and makes it out to be some super bad thing when in reality it happens to everyone with even a shred of popularity. Seriously, this is the equivalent of mean youtube comments.

You're touting quite an extensive knowledge of sociology and academic feminism for someone who exists entirely outside of those circles.
It's not extensive knowledge at all. All you have to do is ask people who are in the know. Thankfully being a university student I have access to those kinds of people. I've attended classes and lectures and talked to professors (That's people with PHd's, 8+ years of study). Nothing deviates more than semantically from what I've said.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:55:55 PM by Ipquarx »