Do you use a laptop?

Yes
33 (44%)
No
24 (32%)
whats a laptop?
18 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: How do you people with laptops even BUILD?!  (Read 5761 times)

I've always used the laptop configuration. I absolutely despise the numpad and never use it.

the controls are easy if u have a basic idea of how the original numpad controls work
u must just be handicapped pie crust

I use the numpad for building, in other games like besiege or gmod having a numpad is a good thing since you don't want to bind keys you actually use.

I can live without it though, its just a nice thing to have really, also one of the other reasons I use the numpad is because I like to move bricks with my right hand, and since the numpad is close to my mouse, its kind of self explanatory.

Though I do hear of people that user their left hand to build using laptop controls, they do it so they can still move their view around.

I have a really strange way of using my laptop to build. I have a numpad, I just refuse to use it. WASD is my shift keys, alt for supershift, P to plant bricks, ; to shift down and / to shift up, , to shift down 1/3 and . to shift up 1/3. It's slightly bad though cause whenever I reinstall Blockland I have to shift all my keys to the way I use them normally.

i use both Laptop on Tuesdays and Thursdays and all other days number pad

Ho' stuff I use those exact controls too :D
Thats default laptop controls

I've always used the laptop configuration. I absolutely despise the numpad and never use it.

Though I do hear of people that user their left hand to build using laptop controls, they do it so they can still move their view around.
Huh, that's interesting. I don't think I could build with my left-hand.
I would also say being able to walk is more useful than moving the camera. It's easier to move along and follow my ghost brick than it is to move the camera.

There's also not much use to moving the camera unless you are really close to what you are building, or are placing bricks with the bricktool.
Otherwise, in my opinion, it is much easier to place your ghost brick, then move and frame the picture well so you get a good view, move the ghost brick via the build controls, and use your left hand to move the character and follow.

can confirm camera is important

I've got my mouse on my left hand. Maybe that's why I use the numberpad so much.

Going from a desktop to a laptop temporarily, HOW THE forget DO YOU PEOPLE BUILD?!

It's annoying as forget to hit the NumLock key and have 789, UIOP, JKL:, and M changed to what would be a numpad.

Who uses a laptop to play Blockland normally and what do you do?

lol amateur.

I use the laptop building keys and I have a numpad. IJKL master race
I use X as my plant key but other than that I use the default laptop stuff.

i'm really used to the laptop controls, though i changed brick planting to R instead of enter. i've never really used the numpad controls since i don't have a numpad