Author Topic: blockland lighting  (Read 2538 times)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL0Ovpd-hqs
isn't it great

EDIT: trying to show that glowing bricks without shaders are affected by environment lighting
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:24:34 PM by TheBlackParrot »

I've notice this sometimes because I don't normally play with shaders on and when you change the environment settings the glowing bricks disappear as shown on this video.
Needs to be fixed

Shaders off should have been removed a long time ago.

do not start on this again

i'm honestly at the point now where if it's just not going to be fixed, remove it
so im now also on the "remove it" wagon, because it definitely isn't being fixed at this rate

it gets old having people complain on the server that they can't see because of bugs that can more than likely be fixed

i'm honestly at the point now where if it's just not going to be fixed, remove it
so im now also on the "remove it" wagon, because it definitely isn't being fixed at this rate

it gets old having people complain on the server that they can't see because of bugs that can more than likely be fixed
despite the fact that my fps drops to like 15 with minimum shaders, imo it needs to be either removed or fixed

from what I can tell people want to remove the option to turn shaders off, which is so absolutely silly of an idea I find it hard to believe

is it worth forcing a part of the community to upgrade their hardware (which is actually pretty forgetin hard) just to fix a minor graphical issue?

from what I can tell people want to remove the option to turn shaders off, which is so absolutely silly of an idea I find it hard to believe

is it worth forcing a part of the community to upgrade their hardware (which is actually pretty forgetin hard) just to fix a minor graphical issue?
its hardly minor. the difference is huge and in addition, glow bricks don't always work correctly for those who aren't running at least minimum shaders. I speak from experience. look at the pictures:

yes, its probably a bad thing to force users to have to upgrade hardware. However, the default no-shaders should at least attempt to rectify the discrepancy between no-shaders and min shaders, namely the difference in brightness. the difference matters when it comes to things like TDM's or stealth missions in night or dark areas.

Pandering to players who still use the same hardware to play blockland they used before v20 prevents progress, so I'll say forget that.

If you can't upgrade your hardware in a few years you get left behind, that's how gaming works.

rip mac users

rip mac users
???

We can run minimum just fine? I'm all for getting rid of "Shaders off".

It looks pretty garbage and if you are running hardware that can't deal with minimum shaders already then I think it maybe time for an upgrade as it stands...

???

We can run minimum just fine? I'm all for getting rid of "Shaders off".

It looks pretty garbage and if you are running hardware that can't deal with minimum shaders already then I think it maybe time for an upgrade as it stands...
Since macs are all packaged on crappy Intel drivers, they really can't go any higher than minimum, plus minimum is already taxing enough on older macs specifically.

I think an effort to completely optimize the shaders will be the key to solving this sht

Since macs are all packaged on crappy Intel drivers, they really can't go any higher than minimum, plus minimum is already taxing enough on older macs specifically.

I think an effort to completely optimize the shaders will be the key to solving this sht
True about it not being able to go higher than minimum, but I use to run on a 2011 mac and got 30+ frames while playing. The only time it became a little troublesome was if there was 60K+ bricks which I'd say is pretty understandable. If you've got computer hardware older than 5 years then you're heading towards the "dinosaur" region.
Now on a 2015 Mac and I haven't run into any issues and get a nice consistent frame rate. c:

But ye, optimising would be the optimal path to take but. If that ain't going to be done, off with it's head!

My old AMD card could run minimum really great.

Now i have a stronger Nvidia Geforce 640 and it works better. The card is 80$. Im pretty sure you can get a great geforce card for minimum shaders under 80$.

Also my CPU is a Athlon II X4.