how should I mentally prepare to lose the teeth of wisdom

Author Topic: how should I mentally prepare to lose the teeth of wisdom  (Read 1172 times)

it's going to feel like someone dropped a nuclear bomb into your mouth and the pain where your wisdom teeth once were will be the permanent mark from the nuke.

Why do people always get their wisdom teeth removed? I mean those extra teeth could help you chew some food n stuff...why would you wanna remove them? Sure they hurt a bit when they first come in, but eventually they just settle in place.

I had 3 root cbrown towns back when I was 17 or 18 and a wisdom tooth grew in right behind the very back tooth (which is a fake silver tooth) It hurt like hell for about a week, but like I said it settled itself in and now I have an extra tooth to crush food with, it's actually pretty useful!
All but one of my wisdom teeth are perfectly aligned with the rest of my teeth.

I'm 19 and I still have my wisdoms. They haven't grown in either last time I checked. Theres a hard spot under my gums so maybe thats them. I get a mild discomfort from time to time, nothing enough to make myself go through the hell of having them removed.

Why do people always get their wisdom teeth removed? I mean those extra teeth could help you chew some food n stuff...why would you wanna remove them? Sure they hurt a bit when they first come in, but eventually they just settle in place.

I had 3 root cbrown towns back when I was 17 or 18 and a wisdom tooth grew in right behind the very back tooth (which is a fake silver tooth) It hurt like hell for about a week, but like I said it settled itself in and now I have an extra tooth to crush food with, it's actually pretty useful!
one of my teeth that is coming in was hurting so bad the other day that I had to lie in bed for 3 hours in agony until it stopped hurting

also they aren't coming in right so they're gonna forget my mouth up if left unchecked

don't worry....

those dentists will make sure you don't feel aaaaannnnyyyyttthhhiinnggggg at aaaalllllllll~

one of my teeth that is coming in was hurting so bad the other day that I had to lie in bed for 3 hours in agony until it stopped hurting

also they aren't coming in right so they're gonna forget my mouth up if left unchecked

well yeah I could understand if it was coming in crooked and fcking your teeth alignment up. most of the time after the wisdom tooth is there for a while your teeth settle back into place unless you have a really small mouth
I would suggest using an ice pack and maybe chew up a small bit of an ibuprofen or aspirin
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 05:52:38 PM by Goth77 »

I technically didn't even need mine removed. They were growing normally, none of that impacted or sideways bullstuff. I got them removed anyways.

If your wisdom teeth were slightly exposed like mine there would be no issue removing them.

If they are impacted, that's another story.

All four of mine are impacted.
I just recently got my dental insurance so I gotta make some appointments

so clownfish is gettin his wisdom teeth removed, all 4 at once, on friday
should I be worried
Hey, I recently just got news that I am getting teeth of wisdom.
But what the heck do they mean by "teeth of wisdom"?

It's not bad at all, mild numbing and little to no pain. I was eating solid foods three days later.
The best part is all the free Vicodin you'll have left over.

the worst pain is when they stab the roof of your mouth with anesthetic. After that it's pretty okay. For me it was just time consuming because they somehow couldn't find my goddamn tooth for a good 20 minutes just digging around back there.

i didn't mentally prepare; it was probably better that way because it way less of some scary landmark than just a thing that happened that i had to deal with for a few days. The painkillers they gave me were addicting, so I had to do some kind of step thing to ween me off, but that's loving stupid so I just took the stuff they gave me at the office and ignored the prescriptions because no pain no gain.

If you want to make any preperations, ask your parents to invest in a ton of soft food next time they go to the grocery store.

the worst pain is when they stab the roof of your mouth with anesthetic. After that it's pretty okay. For me it was just time consuming because they somehow couldn't find my goddamn tooth for a good 20 minutes just digging around back there.

What freaks me out is that you were apparently still awake and aware of what was going on. I'd want to be completely knocked out.

I had mine removed under anesthesia. The worst part of it was that apparently I have very poor tolerance for anesthesia and I ended up throwing up everything I tried to eat for the next 16 hours.

The recovery was fun though because I ate mac&cheese for a whole week. And then promptly avoided it at all costs for the rest of the month because you really only can have so much of that stuff.

dawn of the last day bump

also is nitrous oxide the stuff you guys were talking about with the no pain stuff
because that stuff doesn't actually work on me
probably just gonna get it numbed up and then go