Author Topic: I made a friend today.  (Read 4233 times)

i guessed wolf spiders as well, but i love spiders so i know the names of many ;p
in my country youd be lucky to see one as big as your pinky

i guessed wolf spiders as well, but i love spiders so i know the names of many ;p
but it's a huntsman not a wolf spider
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 05:43:42 PM by Darryl McKoy »

in my country youd be lucky to see one as big as your pinky
small ones are best anyway

I didn't know you live in Australia job.

At least your house isn't like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnaZtMaiWW0

Now where did I put that tank with 10 guns on it...

the australians however, do what they do best with most other laws of nature and disregard them entirely. as result they cannot move to another country, because they are so used to gravity being upside down
The only way to even get to Australia is to break laws.

One of the biggest bastards I've ever seen was this thing.

Oh my god it's adorable. Is it poisonous at all?

Forget the tank, I need the BFG 9000.

Like most tarantuals, they are slightly venomous (not poisonous, which is only when you eat something).
But apparently it's not really harmful to humans. It'll mostly be an issue if you are allergic to the venom.
And like all tarantuals, they're generally pretty docile.

I don't think that particular spider is one McJob met, however. That is a Mexican Redknee Tarantula, and as far as I can tell, they are only endemic to Mexico. Unless McJob has visited Mexico, or they've been introduced to Australia, or possibly came from a collector.

I feel like Australia should have been nuked long before Japan was

In other news:

It may not save me from everything, but I'll be damned if it doesn't save me from most things
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 12:00:53 AM by Tokthree »

the best spider is obviously the pinktoe tarantula

guess where they got the name

Like most tarantuals, they are slightly venomous (not poisonous, which is only when you eat something).
But apparently it's not really harmful to humans. It'll mostly be an issue if you are allergic to the venom.
And like all tarantuals, they're generally pretty docile.

I don't think that particular spider is one McJob met, however. That is a Mexican Redknee Tarantula, and as far as I can tell, they are only endemic to Mexico. Unless McJob has visited Mexico, or they've been introduced to Australia, or possibly came from a collector.
Poisons can be transferred through contact as well (e.g. poison dart frogs).