Can roll tongue into a taco
84 (16%)
Clasp your hands together- check this if your left thumb is over your right
64 (12.2%)
No dimples
40 (7.6%)
Big toe is shorter than 2nd toe
34 (6.5%)
Widow's peak (hairline comes to a point like Mickey Mouse)
26 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 109

Author Topic: What's in yo genes? (POLL)  (Read 2932 times)

oh

now hi-c what you did there

Where's the literally perfect choice?

I don't understand the "clasp your hands together" one
my right thumb ends up on top, but that's only because all of my right hand fingers are on top of their left counterparts, and I imagine which hand you put on top depends on left or right handedness, and if that's all the question's asking, wouldn't be easier to just ask whether you're left or right handed?
who's doob's mom's mom
that's me also

I don't understand the "clasp your hands together" one
my right thumb ends up on top, but that's only because all of my right hand fingers are on top of their left counterparts, and I imagine which hand you put on top depends on left or right handedness, and if that's all the question's asking, wouldn't be easier to just ask whether you're left or right handed?
You're understanding it right. If your left thumb is over your right, then your right fingers should be over your left. That's just how my teacher worded it. Maybe he didn't say right/left handed because it doesn't necessarily correlate? I dunno

also relevant: some people dont have these under the hand

You're understanding it right. If your left thumb is over your right, then your right fingers should be over your left. That's just how my teacher worded it. Maybe he didn't say right/left handed because it doesn't necessarily correlate? I dunno
I found this about it
http://udel.edu/~mcdonald/mythhandclasp.html
it is apparently unrelated to left or right handedness, but more importantly, it looks like it isn't genetic. which... makes sense, to me, at least. I'm certain that genes have influence on instinct, but I don't see any reason that particular trait would have become an instinct. it seems like something that would be a learned behavior to me, and that can easily explain why children of parents who both put their left fingers above their right would tend to do the same
but I guess some people also think it is genetic. so I dunno

forget I screwed up my vote. I forgot to check "has unattached earlobes" forget I'm stupid

the only two i DIDN'T check are widow's peak and no dimples