POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2177221 times)

BASED NONNEL create BASED TITLE for DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD to be called MAGATHREAD feat BASED BEN GARRISON

whatever she did doesn't matter, the fact of the matter is she broke the law in coming here illegally
I mean, if the only reason to defend revoking their DACA is because 'it's the law', perhaps it's a stuffty law that shouldn't exist.

Illegals have paths to citizenship? I don't understand that argument at all. There are opportunities for illegals to become citizens. It's a long process because unlike Europe, we like to vet people coming into our country and not just allow anyone to become a citizen. And that's how it is. We shouldn't expedite the process for some illegals. What about legal immigrants who wait years to become citizens? We just gonna let them get cut in line for some carrot that came in here illegally in the first place?
You should never defend people entering any country illegally. A country with immigration laws is trying to protect its citizens and its sovereignty. By entering a country illegally you are showing contempt for the laws of that country and it shouldn't harbor you because of some sob story that has nothing to do with it in the first place.
Illegal immigrants are untrained, undocumented workforce. They can be charged a slave's wage to do work an American citizen could and should be doing for a reasonable wage. And every time someone says what I just said, some idiot jumps out and goes "BUT AMERICANS DONT WANNA PICK TOMATOES FOR SEVERAL DOLLARS A DAY" well no stuff. Who in their right mind would pick tomatoes for several dollars a day, except for an illegal who has nothing else to do? No other opportunities? NO education? These employers exploit them because they can. They cannot pay a citizen that kind of wage. The answer is not to make them citizens after they come in here, because that's rewarding illegal activity. It'd be like letting a prisoner go free after they escape. "Welp, you're out of the gates now, guess you can rejoin society". Like it or not, illegal immigrants do indeed take jobs away, even the small, stuff ones, from legal American citizens. Hell, franchised McDonald's chains probably have plenty of illegals hired in it, you wouldn't say that's taking jobs away from someone who could really use that McDonald's job? Someone legal?

ALSO, people think entering the country illegally just means you slipped past border security. No, plenty of times, they will steal a SSN and can even get an immigration ID from a legal immigrant. Prime example of this is that mother of two that got slated for deportation a few months back. Everyone was all BOOHOO SHE'S A MOM WHY Annoying Orange'S AMERICA acting like she didn't do stuff but cross the border illegally. No, she stole a child's SSN and could've forgeted up that kid's credit before they ever even knew about it. She stole the ID of a legal immigrant and probably caused him all kinds of issues because of it. She was in the country for decades. She was here during Bush, during Obama, and didn't naturalize once? She was still unable to speak English for forget's sake what is she doing here? How can you expect to "make a better life for my children" if the only job you can work involves 12 hour shifts and $1 an hour pay? Bullstuff.

So, for the sake of the illegals, and for the sake of our country, we should deport them, encourage them to come through legally, or maybe even fix their forgeted up country instead of trying to piss off to America, then complaining about how we operate.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:19:42 AM by Deus Ex »

lets just annex mexico

It's a long process because unlike Europe, we like to vet people coming into our country and not just allow anyone to become a citizen.
We agree that there should be extensive vetting procedures for the purposes of counter-terrorism. Problem is: that's not the part of immigration that makes emigrating to the US near-impossible. It's mostly all the other bureaucracy, waiting lists, and quotas that make legally entering the US take so long.

What about legal immigrants who wait years to become citizens? We just gonna let them get cut in line for some carrot that came in here illegally in the first place?
See but undocumented immigrants don't actually slow down the legal immigration process, so the 'cut-in-line' brown townogy doesn't really work.

ALSO, people think entering the country illegally just means you slipped past border security. No, plenty of times, they will steal a SSN and can even get an immigration ID from a legal immigrant. Prime example of this is that mother of two that got slated for deportation a few months back. Everyone was all BOOHOO SHE'S A MOM WHY Annoying Orange'S AMERICA acting like she didn't do stuff but cross the border illegally. No, she stole a child's SSN and could've forgeted up that kid's credit before they ever even knew about it. She stole the ID of a legal immigrant and probably caused him all kinds of issues because of it.
If they've committed a crime like identity theft, obviously you deport them. But that's not the case for most undocumented immigrants, who actually tend to have crime levels far below that of natural citizens (since getting arrested usually means deportation). Go to South Phoenix and you'll notice that no one exceeds the speed limit by a single tick.

She was in the country for decades. She was here during Bush, during Obama, and didn't naturalize once?
That's actually the problem. When people talk about 'paths for citizenship', they mean a way for people already working in the country to legally apply for citizenship without entering an immigration office and immediately being detained and deported. It makes perfect sense why someone living in the country for decades would not apply for citizenship under the current paradigm.

They can be charged a slave's wage to do work an American citizen could and should be doing for a reasonable wage. And every time someone says what I just said, some idiot jumps out and goes "BUT AMERICANS DONT WANNA PICK TOMATOES FOR SEVERAL DOLLARS A DAY" well no stuff. Who in their right mind would pick tomatoes for several dollars a day, except for an illegal who has nothing else to do? No other opportunities? NO education? These employers exploit them because they can. They cannot pay a citizen that kind of wage. The answer is not to make them citizens after they come in here, because that's rewarding illegal activity. It'd be like letting a prisoner go free after they escape.
There are actually plenty of white people doing jobs typically held by undocumented immigrants, but the whole argument about them 'stealing jobs' is sort of moot because economies adapt to new human capital by expanding and creating more jobs. It's true that they get paid under the table wages far less than legal citizens, but you can just fix that by making them legal and forcing their employees to pay them minimum wage.

We agree that there should be extensive vetting procedures for the purposes of counter-terrorism. Problem is: that's not the part of immigration that makes emigrating to the US near-impossible. It's mostly all the other bureaucracy, waiting lists, and quotas that make legally entering the US take so long.

That's fair, bureaucracy is an issue, but tedious does not mean impossible. We should streamline the process but people on the other side act like we should let people in on the basis of them being a human being.

See but undocumented immigrants don't actually slow down the legal immigration process, so the 'cut-in-line' brown townogy doesn't really work.

It works because they're getting into the country before someone who applied legally. The problem isn't that they're slowing down the legal immigration process, it's the fact that people are bending over backwards to accommodate illegals over regular immigants, who's toes are often stepped on in order to get in here

If they've committed a crime like identity theft, obviously you deport them. But that's not the case for most undocumented immigrants, who actually tend to have crime levels far below that of natural citizens (since getting arrested usually means deportation). Go to South Phoenix and you'll notice that no one exceeds the speed limit by a single tick.

Their very existence in this country is a crime so that's a moot point

That's actually the problem. When people talk about 'paths for citizenship', they mean a way for people already working in the country to legally apply for citizenship without entering an immigration office and immediately being detained and deported. It makes perfect sense why someone living in the country for decades would not apply for citizenship under the current paradigm.

Welp, guess they should've entered legally to begin with then
There are actually plenty of white people doing jobs typically held by undocumented immigrants, but the whole argument about them 'stealing jobs' is sort of moot because economies adapt to new human capital by expanding and creating more jobs. It's true that they get paid under the table wages far less than legal citizens, but you can just fix that by making them legal and forcing their employees to pay them minimum wage.

Like I said, you don't reward them for entering illegally by giving them citizenship, you punish the employers who hire illegals to begin with, and you remove illegals from the equation so they aren't here getting paid under the table anyway. The solution you offer is so ass backwards its nonsense. And while you obviously cannot deport every illegal, and you definitely shouldn't because yeah, plenty of them do nothing wrong, just not doing anything and instead giving them citizenship is stupid.

the assertion that it's a problem simply because it's illegal isn't incredibly compelling when contending the idea that it shouldn't be as illegal (or, that the conditions to not break the law are too harsh)

out of curiosity, what are the broad reasons for not wanting immigration to be easy? vetting i can understand, but it is incredibly convoluted, long-winded, or in many cases, impossible to become a US citizen, and it has nothing to do with vetting procedures, the process is just very long and the criteria are very strict. (x) and i have a hard time finding a way to justify it being that difficult
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:52:55 PM by otto-san »

100% of illegal aliens are criminals.

yall mind if i colonize africa

the assertion that it's a problem simply because it's illegal isn't incredibly compelling when contending the idea that it shouldn't be as illegal (or, that the conditions to not break the law are too harsh)

out of curiosity, what are the broad reasons for not wanting immigration to be easy? vetting i can understand, but it is incredibly convoluted, long-winded, or in many cases, impossible to become a US citizen, and it has nothing to do with vetting procedures, the process is just very long and the criteria are very strict. (x) and i have a hard time finding a way to justify it being that difficult

Don't misunderstand, I am all for streamlining the legal process, but I am not in favor of simply granting people legal citizenship because they're being mistreated by employers. It shouldn't be as needlessly difficult as it is, but I'm not with the whole "we're all citizens of earth mayn" bs that a lot of people push. What I am saying is the tedium of the process is no excuse to forgo it.

granting anyone who is here illegally citizenship only encourages more illegal immigration

the people need to leave the country then come here legally, then we can make them citizens as they contribute to society over time

of loving course we need to get the bureaucracy out of the process but to suggest that everyone who already broke the law is somewhat justified in doing so (therefore they should become citizens) is not productive

it just seems strange to me to concede that the procedure for not breaking the law is cumbersome and unfair, but not concede that people who broke that law might have done so because it's cumbersome and unfair. if you never gave someone a chance to begin with, why punish them for not taking it?

to be maybe more clear, from my perspective, being an undocumented individual isn't a crime of action, it's one of inaction. you're a criminal because you didn't do something, not because something you did deserves punishment. i have a hard time aligning myself to see the existence of someone as a criminal act when they were hardly even given a chance to rectify the situation
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:57:58 PM by otto-san »

if we do not construct a wall, I will begin a lawsuit against the United States government for making false promises.

i think the best option at this point would be to grant amnesty to the illegal immigrants currently in our borders but to crack down on future illegals and better streamline the vetting process.

if we do not construct a wall, I will begin a lawsuit against the United States government for making false promises.
how loving awesome would it be if we could sue the executive branch for not fufilling reasonable campaign promises