Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2231839 times)

Also, being gay doesn't justify being a hateful starfish. If you're gay, you don't get to call Christianity a cancer on the world. That's not acceptable in our society. But saying the same thing about Islam is suddenly justified because he's gay?
islam is a cancer on the world it doesnt matter that hes a ho*o

it also isn't a race

although you don't consider insulting Islam to be tribal,

what a subtle twist

he said criticize, not insult seventh

Well, for one, he called a reporter a "thick-as-pig-stuff media Jew"

he himself is Jewish

what a subtle twist

he said criticize, not insult seventh
okay, but we were originally talking about a guy that referred to Islam as a 'cancer on the world', so he was the one that subtlety twisted this into a conversation about 'criticism'. I reverted it backwards because I'm not gonna let him move the goalposts to some hypothetical reality where Milo is actually launching well-substantiated attacks against Muslims.  

he himself is Jewish
that's not even a real argument. he has maternal Jewish ancestry, which according to the Halakha makes him 'Jewish'. He doesn't go to synagogues, he doesn't practice the religion, and he probably eats pork.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:12:53 PM by SeventhSandwich »

muslims deserve to be attacked

so it's apparently okay to twist his words because he referred to some possible misunderstanding or a "twist" -even though not everyone here has listened to milo- you could, i don't know, just easily prove wrong instead?

that's not even a real argument. he has maternal Jewish ancestry, which according to the Halakha makes him 'Jewish'. He doesn't go to synagogues, he doesn't practice the religion, and he probably eats pork.

you know judaism is ethnic too right

so it's apparently okay to twist his words because he referred to some possible misunderstanding or a wrong thing (such as twisting) you could, i don't know, just easily prove wrong instead?
okay, so in some highly alternative reality, where Milo is a theological scholar debating about the Quran without actually going after real people's lives, then he wouldn't be a tribal.

unfortunately none of that is accurate, so it doesn't have any bearing on the real world.

you know judaism is ethnic too right
yes, that's literally what I just pointed out. by the same rules, I am technically jewish. He's an anti-semite.

so are black people who refer to each other as "brother" and such now tribal

Well, for one, he called a reporter a "thick-as-pig-stuff media Jew", and although you don't consider insulting Islam to be tribal, it basically is, since ultra-nationalist douchebags like Milo tend to be the same guys that want to cut off aid to/refugees from entire nations and ethnic groups because of their Muslim majority.

Also, being gay doesn't justify being a hateful starfish. If you're gay, you don't get to call Christianity a cancer on the world. That's not acceptable in our society. But saying the same thing about Islam is suddenly justified because he's gay?

Uuuuh, okay. I'll let you have that "media Jew" thing because there's no reason to argue against that, but insulting Islam is tribal? Are you loving kidding me dude? Islam is a religion. It is not a race. Stop conflating the two. Middle Eastern people do not equal Muslims. Lot of Middle Eastern people practice Christianity as well. Islam is a cancer. It isn't equatable to christianity in the modern age. Christianity had it's reformation period, Islam did not, and it will continue to be denied its chance to be fixed and adjust to modern society while people like you make excuses for it. It is perfectly acceptable in our society to talk all kinds of stuff about Christianity, because we live in a free speech society. But Islam? Why is criticizing Islam tribal? Get out of here with that stuff man, come on. I thought you were smarter than this, jesus.

so are black people who refer to each other as "brother" and such now tribal
that's a colloquialism used by black people, in the presence of other black people. It's not pejorative because the whole idea is they're re-taking the word.

If you want to argue that's what Milo was trying to do when he called the reporter a Jew, then go ahead, but that's bullstuff

I'll let you have that "media Jew" thing because there's no reason to argue against that, but insulting Islam is tribal? Are you loving kidding me dude? Islam is a religion. It is not a race. Stop conflating the two. Middle Eastern people do not equal Muslims. Lot of Middle Eastern people practice Christianity as well. Islam is a cancer. It isn't equatable to christianity in the modern age. Christianity had it's reformation period, Islam did not, and it will continue to be denied its chance to be fixed and adjust to modern society while people like you make excuses for it. It is perfectly acceptable in our society to talk all kinds of stuff about Christianity, because we live in a free speech society. But Islam? Why is criticizing Islam tribal? Get out of here with that stuff man, come on. I thought you were smarter than this, jesus.
I already explained why I was conflating the two.

I'm not gonna get in another argument over the whole 'reformation' thing you guys are obsessed with. Catholics did not reform. Jews did not reform. Both of those religions are older than Islam. But there is no modern jihadist movement in Judaism or Catholicism. You are literally blaming the wrong variable and there is clear evidence.

I already explained why I was conflating the two.

I'm not gonna get in another argument over the whole 'reformation' thing you guys are obsessed with. Catholics did not reform. Jews did not reform. Both of those religions are older than Islam. But there is no modern jihadist movement in Judaism or Catholicism. You are literally blaming the wrong variable and there is clear evidence.

There's a Pope currently advocating for gays going to heaven and Catholics didn't reform?

There's a Pope currently advocating for gays going to heaven and Catholics didn't reform?
There are Muslim leaders saying the same thing. Also, calling that a 'reformation' seems like a pretty big stretch. What about Judaism?

Also, let's just assume that counts as a 'reformation'. Why no jihadis right before that?