Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2178644 times)

This is one of the stronger arguments for increasing/continuing humanitarian aid. If we're going to be Team America: World Police so often, it is cheaper for us to just provide aid that helps keep the world more stable and peaceful.
correct statement

tbh I wouldn't mind syrian intervention but then all my libertarian friends would start screaming at me and Annoying Orange's ratings would tank beyond what it already has

I can take the heat from my friends but I don't want to think about what would happen to this country if the president had like single-digit approval rating, it's already bad enough as is with people engaging in mosh pits and spray-dashing each other in the streets

I don't even see what we need to intervene with in Syria tbh, let them sort themselves out if they aren't threatening our allies w/ their civil war or whatever

I don't even see what we need to intervene with in Syria tbh, let them sort themselves out if they aren't threatening our allies w/ their civil war or whatever
remember the last time we said that about rwanda and 800,000 people died

tbh I wouldn't mind syrian intervention
Which faction do we support?

remember the last time we said that about rwanda and 800,000 people died

Not every loving country is Rwanda

Not every loving country is Rwanda
the death toll in syria was 400,000 last year...

we should go in every time there's a war

I mean, strictly speaking, we are already 'intervening' in Syria. What I oppose is the idea of sending in ground forces and trying to orchestrate another external regime change. That didn't work in Iraq and it won't work here.

neither syria or rwanda was a war, they were atrocities. in rwanda you have the government institutionalizing racial purges against a minority, giving people the freedom to go out at night and chop children up with machetes. in syria you have the government institutionalizing rape and torture against peaceful protesters and then authorizing airstrikes on civilian cities

sometimes intervention is necessary. if you see a woman being raped in an alley, you don't just say 'man i should mind my own business / it doesn't affect me therefore i shouldn't care'
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:32:31 PM by PhantOS »

What's happening in Syria is undoubtedly a genocide, both by Assad's regime and by CIA.

neither syria or rwanda was a war, they were atrocities. in rwanda you have the government institutionalizing racial purges against a minority, giving people the freedom to go out at night and chop children up with machetes. in syria you have the government institutionalizing rape and torture against peaceful protesters and then authorizing airstrikes on civilian cities

sometimes intervention is necessary. if you see a woman being raped in an alley, you don't just say 'man i should mind my own business / it doesn't affect me therefore i shouldn't care'

tfw you get more right wing than the right wing guys

I don't think interventionism is strictly right-wing or left-wing. Some Democrats voted for the War in Iraq. Some Republicans voted against it.

edit: added 'somes' for clarity
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 09:50:35 PM by SeventhSandwich »

What's happening in Syria is undoubtedly a genocide, both by Assad's regime and by CIA.

What ethnic groups is Assad trying to exterminate?