POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2179945 times)

imagine being older than 14 and saying monday unironically

"monday is just a word! Get over it!"

Your mom's a dumb bitch
Your dad's a friend
You're a loving idiot

remember dont get offended they're just words

seriously? this kind of sentiment is the stupidest stuff ive ever come across

Oh no someone called me a friend better make words illegal now.

remember dont get offended they're just words

i mean if you get offended by being called an idiot you're a serious pusillanimous individual

I appreciate what you're tryna say but it's misguided to think that they'll have any problem with the things you said
uh i dont know about you but like if you're saying stuff like that anywhere to someone who isnt your friend 99% of people will get offended

monday is a word, yes, but we've been taught all of her lives that words have very strong meanings and can affect you personally. being called a dumbass friend a million times by your friends everyday will probably make you cry.

imagine being older than 14 and saying monday unironically

It seems the people trying to insinuate that not liking volatile language makes you a pusillanimous individual are emotionally stunted, so I think you're pretty close to the mark here.

uh i dont know about you but like if you're saying stuff like that anywhere to someone who isnt your friend 99% of people will get offended

99% of people aren't walking vaginas who break down the moment someone says something mean to them.

I mean you're trying to prove a point to beachbum et al but it's in vain because they won't see any issue with your other examples either

99% of people aren't walking vaginas who break down the moment someone says something mean to them.
most people aren't fragile or insecure enough to need to derive self worth from the opinions of those around them.

If someone says something unpleasant and it actually affects someone enough to the point they can't be a functioning adult, they probably have more issues than just people being mean to them.

nobody is saying 99% of people break down.

if you go around saying offensive stuff nobody is going to like you because its offensive. you dont say something intentionally harmful just to be an ass and then when they react (the way in which they react is irrelevant) tell them that words are words and to get over it.

words and vocal language is the main reason why people feel emotions anyways. to say "words are just words" is in and of itself handicapped

I mean you're trying to prove a point to beachbum et al but it's in vain because they won't see any issue with your other examples either
you're probably right but there's probably some other than beachbum here who share the sentiment

Also people talking up big tirades about words not being offensive and all that stuff, do you just drop slurs in casual conversation like that? At some point it's really not about whether or not you're being offensive, but saying monday or friend casually in most environments outside of the internet is gonna just make stuff awkward, and make people want to avoid you.

you're probably right but there's probably some other than beachbum here who share the sentiment
yeah that's what I mean by "et al"

yeah that's what I mean by "et al"
oop i forgot what et al meant i thought it was a weird typo