POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2179093 times)

trucks actually benefit society though

i didn't know bump stocks were comparable to 18-wheelers until today

you don't need an 18-wheeler to haul cargo, you can do the same with a van or a pick-up with a trailer bed

buncha extreme truck enthusiasts we got here

why would you ever need automatic fire for something like hunting though

So like, legislation on weaponry should be metered on a basis of utility versus capacity for destruction. For instance, a handgun/shotgun has high utility for personal defense along with its destructive potential. Whereas a hand grenade has almost no utility for anyone who isn't trying to kill a large crowd of people. This is fundamentally the reason why handguns are legal and hand grenades aren't.

Bump stocks fall pretty clearly into the hand grenade category - they render the gun useless for actual defense but make it very easy to mow down a large, dense crowd of people. The only complication here is that the mechanism underlying a bump stock is essentially too simple and stupid to effectively ban. You can produce the exact same effect of a commercially-available bump stock using a good-quality rubber band.

I don't think the ban will be effective at curbing gun violence because it targets too esoteric of a problem and one which can be circumvented almost trivially by even the most incompetent would-be murderer. The idea/philosophy is right, but it's not targeting the right part of the supply.

yeah but what specifically
I listed the exact legislation that would be passed, he didn't
o didn't realize that's what you meant
idk, ask sheepocalypse
is it really that hard to wait another 3 years
I mean they do sell actual smoke/paint grenades on ebay and those are pretty much bombs
paintball guns can be dangerous but you don't need a kevlar vest to not die
why do you need an 18-wheeler in the first place? cargo? driving? both of those would be laughable if that's actually why
there is zero reason for an 18-wheeler to be buyable other than "muh trucks"
...an 18 wheeler is more efficient, can hold more, and is considerably less expensive than using 10 suvs to move your house. a bump stock sounds cooler

you don't need an 18-wheeler to haul cargo, you can do the same with a van or a pick-up with a trailer bed

buncha extreme truck enthusiasts we got here
these are not comparable things, and it's dishonest to continue as if they were.

they render the gun useless for actual defense but make it very easy to mow down a large, dense crowd of people.

How does this:

make it easier to kill people than this:

????

Tfw people are still trying to attack the 2nd amendment in the year 2018 AD

what a word we live in in which something that is known to fire multiple bullets indiscriminately and is capable of taking lives is not useful for self-defense

they render the gun useless for actual defense 

brother what

Lmao what

Rally’s always been very level headed. Do some self examination.
I guess I just got used to him stuffposting a lot of nonsense

what a word we live in in which something that is known to fire multiple bullets indiscriminately and is capable of taking lives is not useful for self-defense
brother what

Lmao what
have you ever actually fired an automatic weapon

How many of you have fired a bump stock before? I mean, you might be able to use it for home defense, but you'd probably have about the same luck as pulling out akimbo pistols and just wildly firing at your attacker. At-least that way you'd die looking like a badass instead of like a friend who needs a bump-stock because he can't bump-fire without it.

If you're using anything that's not a 12 gauge for home defense you're doing it wrong anyway