Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2224351 times)

"it happens but it doesn't matter" okay lol
You're not reading what I'm writing. It doesn't matter whether liberals have conspired in the past if you have absolutely zero evidence linking that graffiti to liberals besides your own suspicions.

god, I hope Obama gave him a good crash course on how to actually be a president

god, I hope Obama gave him a good crash course on how to actually be a president

He probably would have, if he knew how to be one himself.

[im g]http://i.imgur.com/JrA30ao.png[/img]
I'm being sincere here, and that wasn't supposed to come off as whiny. I have literally no interest in seeing him fail as president lol.

He probably would have, if he knew how to be one himself.
I think you can say that he improved the economy as a whole, but not really for the average American. We could have gone with a New-Deal type program but I don't know why he didn't consider that. As for managing the executive branch, he did fine with his appointees. I think we were too lenient in allowing Russia to take Crimea and cause stuff in Ukraine, but starting WW3 isn't something you want on your record. The Dems could have pushed for single payer but we got stuck with the monstrosity of the ACA that has some good provisions (preexisting conditions, no lifetime limits, medicare expansion, kids can stay on parent healthcare until 26), but has really forgeted over the working-class with the individual mandate creating a captive market.

Though nobody rules alone, so you can place the blame on congress too, since they're the ones who pass the bills drafted by our corporate overlords. That said, I hope that the Annoying Orange presidency is extremely competent and doesn't cause any more scandals, we really don't need them right now.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 02:16:15 PM by Operator¹ »

The new deal was a good idea executed poorly imo

I think you can say that he improved the economy as a whole, but not really for the average American. We could have gone with a New-Deal type program but I don't know why he didn't consider that.
I mean, he did implement some expansionary fiscal policy, although not nearly at the same degree as the New Deal. That's probably a good thing though, because many of the New Deal agencies were pretty much useless, and the program didn't actually get us out of the depression.

I think we were too lenient in allowing Russia to take Crimea and cause stuff in Ukraine, but starting WW3 isn't something you want on your record.
I mean, we sanctioned the living stuff out of them, which is probably as much as we could have done barring military intervention. Putin just bit the bullet and kept Crimea though, so I can't see what other options we had.

The Dems could have pushed for single payer but we got stuck with the monstrosity of the ACA that has some good provisions (preexisting conditions, no lifetime limits, medicare expansion, kids can stay on parent healthcare until 26), but has really forgeted over the working-class with the individual mandate creating a captive market.
This is a valid complaint, yeah. I don't know if the Republicans would have gone for single-payer, but we definitely should reform Obamacare. Unfortunately it looks like it's going to be completely repealed, given the election results, and I don't see a much better plan on the horizon. I envisioned Clinton working to fix a lot of the problems and creating a system agreeable to Republicans, but obviously that's not how it turned out.

Though nobody rules alone, so you can place the blame on congress too, since they're the ones who pass the bills drafted by our corporate overlords. That said, I hope that the Annoying Orange presidency is extremely competent and doesn't cause any more scandals, we really don't need them right now.
I kind of hope that the first two years get spent on trying to push through something crazy like a border wall or congressional term limits, that the Republican majority in Congress would never approve. Just long enough for Democrats to retake the Senate before any permanent damage is done.

>can't understand what lgbt go through cus white cis male
>lgbt can't understand what lgbt go through in saudi arabia cus they're not being executed

It's probably going to be rather difficult for them to try and repeal Obamacare, since once 23 million people have something, good luck taking it away.

It's probably going to be rather difficult for them to try and repeal Obamacare, since once 23 million people have something, good luck taking it away.
It should be painfully easy, I think. Republicans widely agree on repealing Obamacare, and there's no Democratic majority. Who's going to stop them?

It should be painfully easy, I think. Republicans widely agree on repealing Obamacare, and there's no Democratic majority. Who's going to stop them?
a senate filibuster, which requires a 2/3 cloture vote to end. you effectively need 2/3 of the senate to agree on anything remotely controversial to get things done, even just saying "i'm going to filibuster this" is enough to kill a bill without enough support