POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD

Poll

Will Trump get re-elected in 2020?

Yes
No

Author Topic: POLITICS & DONALD Annoying Orange MEGATHREAD  (Read 2133544 times)

I had a discussion with my grandpa about 'Reaganomics' and 'Real-Estate' and was talking about how Reaganomics caused my grandpa's fortune to fall. We then discussed about how Obama was able to do things for 2 years during his first term until the Republicans took the congress.

If there are 11million illegals (which is a number that has been around a decade and they haven't changed it, cause nobody knows how many illegals are there)
Cost of illegal immigrants to taxpayers (welfare, healthcare, education, housing, etc) = more than 100billion dollars
Again, if you just do the math, the economic productivity of 11 million workers is significantly higher than 100 billion dollars.

Again, if you just do the math, the economic productivity of 11 million workers is significantly higher than 100 billion dollars.
Where the hell is the inclusion of
A. There is no way they are all working.
B. If they are, they are working under the table to not get caught, and by extension, no taxes are taken out and given to the government.
C. And almost all the Money they earn goes back over the border out of the US.

Where the hell is the inclusion of
A. There is no way they are all working.
B. If they are, they are working under the table to not get caught, and by extension, no taxes are taken out and given to the government.
C. And almost all the Money they earn goes back over the border out of the US.
I actually wrote that response right after waking up, and I misread what he was saying. I thought we were still talking about refugees, but he switched to undocumented immigrants.

Either way, most of the undocumented people in the United States have families that live outside of the country, which is why they send money outside of the country. That means that the only reason they have for being here is to work, so I'd guess that a fairly huge majority of undocumented immigrants are working.

Second, the only permanent ways to fix the problem of undocumented immigrants dodging taxes is either to grant them amnesty or to deport them. But if you deport them, you're missing out on 11 million people's worth of human capital, which is a stuffload of productive possibility.

Third, if you think about it, it's impossible that a majority of the money they earn goes over the border back to Mexico. If we assume that all 11 million undocumented immigrants are Mexican, and we assume that they're getting paid half the federal minimum wage for a 40-hour work week, then the total wages earned by all 11 million immigrants is roughly 77.4 billion dollars. The total amount of remittances from the United States to Mexico is around 24-25 billion dollars a year, and plenty of that comes from legitimate tourism, commerce, and business that has nothing to do with illegal immigration. The reason there's a discrepancy of 50 billion dollars is because undocumented immigrants still pay for housing, food, cars, gas, etc in the American economy. It would be literally impossible for them to send all of their wages back to Mexico unless they sleep in a box and drink rainwater while they live in the US.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:38:36 PM by SeventhSandwich »

As if the left doesn't do the same thing with Breitbart, cnn, and Fox News. Get off your high horse.
Don't respond to the notorious troll McZealot

This entire thread is full of trolls as far as I'm concerned.

Yet it seems to be the Republican side spouting uncited, uneducated nonsense and bad memes for the most part. Wonder why.

Except ILLEGAL immigrants don't pay taxes, they take, they don't give. So sure they are great for companies who don't want to pay workers that much but they certainly don't help the United States massive debt

Except ILLEGAL immigrants don't pay taxes, they take, they don't give. So sure they are great for companies who don't want to pay workers that much but they certainly don't help the United States massive debt
What you contribute to the economy is different than what you pay in taxes. Yes, they should pay taxes, but nobody is saying that we should just let them stay undocumented and cheat the system. Grant them citizenship so that they can pay their fair share.

As if the left doesn't do the same thing with Breitbart, cnn, and Fox News.

Anyone sane writes those off as bullstuff sensationalist garbage. You are only giving them credence because they support your narrative literally only this election cycle. Left-biased news outlets are just as notorious, but loving cnn? Seriously? Humble Water Filter Merchant is a meme because he's so ridiculous. They only seem like bastions of reason this cycle because things have gotten so apocalyptically stupid
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 03:03:19 PM by IkeTheGeneric »

Anyone sane writes those off as bullstuff sensationalist garbage. You are only giving them credence because they support your narrative literally only this election cycle.
Breitbart is run by Annoying Orange's campaign manager, and cnn is conspiracy theorist drivel.

Fox News has a strong Republican slant, but I wouldn't put in the same category as those other two. It's a legitimate news site, it just biases real news towards a conservative viewpoint.

Fox News would be more acceptable if people didn't believe everything they spin hand over fist. I'm not implying anyone here does, more so it's the stuff I've had to put up with in my home state for years now.

Fox News would be more acceptable if people didn't believe everything they spin hand over fist. I'm not implying anyone here does, more so it's the stuff I've had to put up with in my home state for years now.
Likewise, Huffington Post and Vox spin news towards a strong liberal viewpoint. Everyone should fact-check what's shown on the news, regardless of whether they're Republican or Democrat.

Anyone sane writes those off as bullstuff sensationalist garbage. You are only giving them credence because they support your narrative literally only this election cycle. Left-biased news outlets are just as notorious, but loving cnn? Seriously? Humble Water Filter Merchant is a meme because he's so ridiculous. They only seem like bastions of reason this cycle because things have gotten so apocalyptically stupid

I never said I support those sites or think they are somehow better. I pulled out sites that are equivalent to what Zealot posted. John Oliver, politi"fact", etc.

Likewise, Huffington Post and Vox spin news towards a strong liberal viewpoint. Everyone should fact-check what's shown on the news, regardless of whether they're Republican or Democrat.

I'm starting to wonder if the "huff" in "huffington post" has to do with paint
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 04:55:32 PM by beachbum111111 »

only giving them credence because they support your narrative
This is exactly what everyone does, mainstream media included.  
They feel attacked by the other side, so they use any source they can find to support their own side.  It becomes a pointless, lying partisan squabble.
The most honest, least biased news I get is from small, independent, crowd founded media outlets / news talk shows.  Favorite one so far is the Rubin Report.

What you contribute to the economy is different than what you pay in taxes. Yes, they should pay taxes, but nobody is saying that we should just let them stay undocumented and cheat the system. Grant them citizenship so that they can pay their fair share.
expanding on this:
the economy is bigger than the government. if people come into the country, sell labor, and purchase goods and services from private businesses with their wages, they are growing the economy. if you want them to stop providing illegal cheap labor and you want them to be held accountable for the taxes they may not be paying, a fair solution is to provide them a better path to citizenship so they aren't invisible to the government and employers can't maliciously hold their wages down. theoretically, at least. obviously the issues are more complex than that and there are problems tangential to immigration that also deserve attention, but there is a more elegant solution than deporting millions of working immigrants.