Author Topic: What do you think would be the most likely downfall of the USA?  (Read 3218 times)

All countries unite against the USA

ppppft xr_7 over here forgets the usa is the only real country

ppppft xr_7 over here forgets the usa is the only real country

It is the only real country, which is why I mentioned all the other countries as just a collective unimportant group.

It is the only real country, which is why I mentioned all the other countries as just a collective unimportant group.
they dont exist

What if the USA is the least important country but the government injects us with ass self-righteous hormones so we think we're the best

Grab those tinfoil hats

That's what the Romans thought.
And they were right
why do people compare the USA to Rome, the only similarities are that we're both republics

why do people compare the USA to Rome, the only similarities are that we're both republics
and we control a good portion of the world's economy and social interaction, as well as product placement.

Also if you travel abroad frequently all the foreign airports have their instructions and terminal names and directions written in their native language, as well as English and Chinese. (Most of the time Chinese)

The US literally has a butt influence over every corner of the earth, and they're pretty much the bullies of the lunch yard, forcing poor pacific islands and middle eastern countries to pay them.

And when the little oppressed countries fight back, the US victimizes itself.

We're all living in America, dry.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 01:43:07 PM by Path »

Still, if America fell right now, would our culture and ideologies influence the world as we know it for millennia like Rome? Likely not.
Granted you are correct about our global economy, however the influence is mainly our products and alliances, which is completely unlike the Roman Republic, Monarchy or Empire.
The English language is growing to be a more common language around the world, although for both some influence and the fact that, along with Mandarin Chinese, it is slowly becoming the economic and business language.

If the US were to fall from grace tomorrow, English would still be one of the primary languages of the world for years to come.
It's the main language of other large and important countries, like UK, Canada, Australia and India.
And it is already established as being the primary international language.

The only language that would meaningfully challenge it to become lingua franca, would be Mandarin.
But English is, generally, an easier language to learn than Mandarin, and easier if you already speak a Romance/Germanic language.

I pointed this out because someone said that the United States would fall and part in different ways. My comparison was that the Roman empire fell and later on multiple other countries, new and old, took into that area. I pointed out Rome because that is a large city with remnants of the Roman empire, and is now part of a completely different country since it fell.