School rules you've never understood the purpose or think serve no purpose

Author Topic: School rules you've never understood the purpose or think serve no purpose  (Read 13561 times)

I really don't care about it and I say the pledge anyway, but anybody who doesn't has been sent to the office and other stuff like that before.
A public school cannot force you to stand up or say the pledge, just flat out. There's so much legal precedent, that if they did and you weren't disruptive, they'd get forgeted.

I'm practically forced. I've stayed in my seat but only to be bitched at by my teachers. Not only do we have to say the pledge of a allegiance but this bullstuff pledge about being peaceful and correcting our wrongs.
Punch them in the face to assert dominance

I never knew people got this mad over having to pledge their allegiance

honestly though why is this a big deal, it takes like 15 seconds to do
I mean if it's for religious reasons sure I guess but it's not like it's hard or anything it's just respectful

I mean if it's for religious reasons sure I guess but it's not like it's hard or anything it's just respectful
in what way is it respectful to recite a propagandic chant every day
edit: this is a bit hyperbolic but i hope that you see what point i'm trying to get across

For me, saying the pledge was an interruption.
The pledge was done during homeroom, which was a half hour of literally nothing.
Very occasionally we'd have papers handed out to us for whatever, but that took like 2 minutes. The rest/every other time it was just sit and chat with classmates.
So I'd spend the time doing homework. Interrupting someone while they're working breaks their concentration, which makes it take much longer than 15 seconds. Especially if it's something like math.

it's just respectful
flags don't have feelings bro
The only person who's ever going to know is a whiny teacher
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:25:23 PM by Headcrab Zombie »

in what way is it respectful to recite a propagandic chant every day
I pledge allegiance to that cloth on a stick, and to the Chinese factory for which it stands, on nation, under the sky, with liberty and justice to some

have you ever listened to the words of the pledge? it's creepy as frick

I pledge allegiance to that cloth on a stick, and to the Chinese factory for which it stands, on nation, under the sky, with liberty and justice to some
do u sit in the back of the class twirling pens on your fingers while reciting richard dawkins quotes while asking "when are we going to use this in real life" lmao ur pathetic

do u sit in the back of the class twirling pens on your fingers while reciting richard dawkins quotes while asking "when are we going to use this in real life" lmao ur pathetic
No

In case you didn't realize that was a parody

Take your hat off in class. Sure, it makes sense for tall hats like tophats; but beanies, fedoras, or gatsbies there is no reason for it.

all of your posts have a black twitter-esque cancer-filled vibe to them

It's just proper manners. You shouldn't wear a hat indoors.
what
Mate you quoted the wrong guy
Unless he said something about hats in that post
lol
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 08:33:13 PM by Daswiruch »

Maybe it's just me, but I would imagine the sort of person who memorises and quotes Dawkins is not the same person questioning when they're going to use the things they're learning in school.

all of your posts have a black twitter-esque cancer-filled vibe to them

Why do people question the fact that you have to practice common etiquette in school lmao

Mate you quoted the wrong guy
Unless he said something about hats in that post