HTC Vive will be $799

Author Topic: HTC Vive will be $799  (Read 4144 times)

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:55:29 PM by Awesomebread² »

in contrary to the rift though, the HTC was known to be this expensive. and it should be because you get a lot more stuff with it than the rift.

being an early adopter can be expensive

Makes me sad that they're opening up sales at the end of winter when I have no money. At least come summer when I have money there will probably be more games and such available than at launch. Or if it turns out to be garbage I will not have wasted my money
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:33:04 PM by DaSord213 »

and it should be because you get a lot more stuff with it than the rift.

like what??

like what??
the two custom motion controllers and two motion tracking cameras

seems incredibly more reasonable now.

seems incredibly more reasonable now.
yeah OP clickbaited me

I feel dirty now

the two custom motion controllers and two motion tracking cameras

oh yeah, I thought you were talking about games and apps

but yes, oculus doesn't include the two controllers so that's a thing to keep in mind
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 04:35:01 PM by MrLoL² »

with stuff like this I wonder if it even costs 1/3 of the price of the actual product to make the product being sold

with stuff like this I wonder if it even costs 1/3 of the price of the actual product to make the product being sold
probably not but you have to remember the development costs for this kind of new technology is absolutely massive, they have to pay that off

The cost of a product isn't inclusive to how much it takes to physicaly build it. It incorporates man hours of programming, design, testing, advertising, and anything of the sort. People put so much face value to products just because of what its made of.

"see you in 10 years" - VR