Author Topic: Demian's Brick Packs: 229 Bricks @ 1x | 2x | 3x | 4x | 5x | 6x | Half  (Read 16817 times)

Half bricks released. Check the OP.

I want to know how you got the icons to look exactly like the default ones, since I wasn't able to do this for a baseplate brick add-on I made a while ago.
also rip my datablock count with all these bricks i'll use

I want to know how you got the icons to look exactly like the default ones, since I wasn't able to do this for a baseplate brick add-on I made a while ago.
also rip my datablock count with all these bricks i'll use
The icons are not exact, there's noticeable room for improvement.

I manually rendered each icon in Blender and resized it in Photoshop (Blender does not allow for 2x AA) because I do not know the Blender API well enough to automate the whole process with Python, which can be done.

...you could have used /iconinit?

There is absolutely no need to bump a two day old thread. I actively read my own threads so I did see your message, thanks for the links. I'm working on the half bricks and they're already done except for the icons.
Oh okay sorry

...you could have used /iconinit?
There's no tutorial anywhere on how to use it.

Is the only brick pack I use that's just bricks that can be defined by a set of dimensions alone. All the other packs, all the bricks have something special about them.

there aren't any 2x7x2, 2x9x2, 2x11x2, or any other odd 2xLx2 bricks. there are also no 2x7F or 2x9F or any of the odd 2xLF bricks, same with the 4xLF bricks as well

could you make these please? this seems to be designed as a blackdragon replacement pack, but it doesn't replace any of the odd bricks at all which is needed if you want to make a replacement for blackdragon's bricks

yes this is what i mean about "can we all agree to switch"

it would be pretty trivial to write a convertSave function to run ingame, as a separate addon - just have it find the save in the saves folder, read all the lines, and replace any blackdragon datablocks with a different name. Anyone more experienced with reading .bls would be fine without such a script but it would make it easier for inexperienced hosts to switch over without problems.
edit becuase mobile forgeted up my post somehow
Hope someone gets to making this since I used to use both brickpacks and that all the bricks from Blackdragon's pack are included so everyone can use your brickpacks as the standard.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:48:57 AM by QuadStorm »

there aren't any 2x7x2, 2x9x2, 2x11x2, or any other odd 2xLx2 bricks. there are also no 2x7F or 2x9F or any of the odd 2xLF bricks, same with the 4xLF bricks as well

could you make these please? this seems to be designed as a blackdragon replacement pack, but it doesn't replace any of the odd bricks at all which is needed if you want to make a replacement for blackdragon's bricks
I suppose I could make an additional filler pack that has those bricks later but I am not going to include them in the core packs. All of my packs (except for 1x and 5x) have the ranges all from 1-5, even from 6-16, 15, 24, 30 and 32 and I'm sticking to that sequence because I've personally found it to be optimal.

Only thing its missing is 5x wide could use sum of them sometimes also 6 high bricks would be nice too

Anyone else getting these weird lines between bricks if you aren't right up in the brick's face?

Default bricks "fade out" like this, but these custom bricks seem to do it when you're still really close.

Is anyone else getting an error where, out of the 1x1's,  only the 1x1x3 is showing up? I have no access in my bricks menu to the 1x1x4 or the 1x1x2. I've got everything else.
What's even weirder is that when I load my saves, there's a 1x1x5/3 in place of the 1x1x2's
Help?