Prop Tool - V1.3 [Added Event, Emitter, and Item Rotation]

Author Topic: Prop Tool - V1.3 [Added Event, Emitter, and Item Rotation]  (Read 34340 times)

That's salvage, I already have that gamemode.
My guess to what he means is that in order to build the prop, you have to collect the bricks that compose said prop, and then you can place it (expending the bricks collected)

Wow this is really helpful

Version 1.2
+Added event support
+Added item support
+Added emitter support
+Added light support
+Added RTB/Server_Prefs support
+Fixed issue where props would misalign
+Power drill now fixes props
+Tweaked brick HP calculations - should reflect the brick size better

-Events do not rotate correctly
-Lights, items, emitters do not rotate correctly

Update should be pushed through Glass; if you are not prompted to update ingame, please do so manually by redownloading from the BLG page.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 02:38:01 PM by Conan »

radical, thanks for the update

You know what's cool is that this stuff can be used for like an RPG game.

You can disable building but allow people to plant props instead for their homes.

Is it possible to disable raising and lowering props? I don't want people to make like floating props or whatever.

Maybe also force it to have a lower "too far" distance.

Is it possible to disable raising and lowering props? I don't want people to make like floating props or whatever.

Maybe also force it to have a lower "too far" distance.
props by default require all bricks able to be planted in order to plant. None of the bricks can float.
you can toggle this on or off using the rtb pref

too far distance is also another rtb pref, default 10 tu (20 bricks). The too far distance is supposedly calculated based on how far you are from the closest edge of the build.

Man, couldn't this theoretically be used to create destructible parts of maps but have parts that always remain? That's very cool.

Man, couldn't this theoretically be used to create destructible parts of maps but have parts that always remain? That's very cool.
Yep. Exactly what this is meant to do. With the propify wand, you can convert existing parts of builds to be destructible too - it works like a duplicator and converts connected bricks into props directly.

i kinda want to make a battlefield-esque TDM or DM map now, but i dont have any maps and not enough time to make my own.

Nice you released it, Conan.

Gonna download this when I get home and I'll probably make some props for it

Cool, so you could make like a wall that can be destroyed and have the people build their own battlefield basically.

I read that this does not require trust to use. Is this only in a minigame, or at all times?

I had an idea of letting players use this to build in their own area, like furnishing a room, but if there is no limit to where they can build, then there is nothing stopping them from building couches outside their door.

I know that is probably not the aim of this mod, considering the built objects can be destroyed, but it would at least be nice to be able to dictate where players can and can't build using public bricks and private bricks. Build distance can stop players from building outside of the playing area where they should be building or building something across the map, and prop height stops them from using props to get to normally impossible places that you actually do not want people to get to, (at least, that's what I think it does) but basically, there is no way to stop them from building anywhere if they can walk on it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:50:47 AM by Sami2ss »

props by default require all bricks able to be planted in order to plant. None of the bricks can float

What about planting props on the ceiling?