Author Topic: Prop Tool - V1.3 [Added Event, Emitter, and Item Rotation]  (Read 34331 times)

I would have assumed that it worked just like the duplicator's dupesave feature in that aspect. I think a very low build distance in your prop prefs can fix this from becoming a huge issue with items that shouldn't be on the ceiling. I think if you do implement this, there should be a preference to disable and enable it.

You have to be creative with this mod in order to get things to work the way you want them to. If you want a prop that specifically goes on the ceiling, you need to make sure that there is a brick, maybe invisible, that gets close enough to the player that they can plant it on the ceiling without hitting a very low prop build distance that may be set in place to keep other objects, such as crates, from being built on the ceiling.

Yeah, that's what I was saying, that there are restrictions keeping players from doing ridiculous things with this.

Like I said before, I know this mod is more focused on building destructible, prebuilt objects, but the creative applications for this is many and I was wondering if it would be possible to turn damage off, or make specific bricks immune to damage? I love the idea of basically being able to pick and purchase dupe saves, just not always for combat situations.
yeah, thanks for the feedback. i'm definitely gonna add a non-DM mode that will add props to the player's brickgroup and also check for build trust. I can also add a forceplant feature that will ignore float errors if at least one brick is attached - whether or not you can place a prop if its overlapping other bricks will be separate.

Sorry to spam suggestions, but I wanted to make a correction to this.

If you actually get around to doing this, although I have no problem with gothboy's money, you should try it with CashmodII (version I have is named Script_CashmodII_Fix3). Not because I have it set up in my server, but because of the reason that I do, which is that it has a lot of nice events that come along with it and a nice interface.

I don't know how popular either of those cash mods are, nor do I know how much of a priority any of this is for you, so I am just putting this out there.
those mods are a lot more complex - i would prefer the system to go based off points if that's the case. It's probably better to not make this compatible with gothboy's mod/other mods, now that I think of it, simply for consistency - if i did make it compatible with gothboy's mod, how would /setPropCost work? what if players have both points AND coins? it would raise complexities and add more parameters and stuff into the mod.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 09:40:30 PM by Conan »

yeah and i'm p sure i saw an addon a bit back that was a coin that gave you points anyhow. i think gravcat made some diamonds or somethin idk. i like this addon a lot currently tho, good work conan. thanks for the premades

yeah, thanks for the feedback. i'm definitely gonna add a non-DM mode that will add props to the player's brickgroup and also check for build trust. I can also add a forceplant feature that will ignore float errors if at least one brick is attached - whether or not you can place a prop if its overlapping other bricks will be separate.
those mods are a lot more complex - i would prefer the system to go based off points if that's the case. It's probably better to not make this compatible with gothboy's mod/other mods, now that I think of it, simply for consistency - if i did make it compatible with gothboy's mod, how would /setPropCost work? what if players have both points AND coins? it would raise complexities and add more parameters and stuff into the mod.

Sorry for all the suggestions, hopefully I wasn't coming off as needy. Just had some ideas you probably thought about adding and wanted to mention them just in case. I only mentioned the thing about the money because I wasn't sure how liable you were to actually put that part in, so I was hoping if you actually did it at some time, I would be able to utilize it. I am better off writing something personally at that point though lol.

just a heads up this will happen starting this weekend since i'm busy doing/learning modeling.

Version 1.3
+ Fixed events not working??
+ Added event rotation
+ Added emitter rotation
+ Added item rotation

Update should be pushed through Glass; if you are not prompted to update ingame, please do so manually by redownloading from the BLG page.

New prop:
**NEW** Cannon.bls - by Conan
Fires a large default gravity rocket about 160 bricks away. Can only be used once!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 11:38:07 PM by Conan »

My game crashes every time i start it with the Addon enabled.

Are admins immune to prop cost?

I enabled the prop wand and it started working
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:43:20 PM by Maya67 »

My game crashes every time i start it with the Addon enabled.
You sure it isn't another addon? did you check console log?

Are admins immune to prop cost?

I enabled the prop wand and it started working
that's a really weird bug. i'll look into it.

Propify wand adds Glow to the bricks and turns them all red.

i'm having issues installing the Builds, please help! Do i have to make a new Folder called "Props and Placement" in config/server or /config?
i made one in /config and pasted the builds in it but ingame it says that No Builds were found, help!

Propify wand adds Glow to the bricks and turns them all red.
Seems like you and hodot had the same issue: pm me your console log and i'll attempt to recreate the issue.

i'm having issues installing the Builds, please help! Do i have to make a new Folder called "Props and Placement" in config/server or /config?
i made one in /config and pasted the builds in it but ingame it says that No Builds were found, help!
ingame you need to add the props to the prop list: use /addprop [name] to add the prop. For the full list of commands, type in /prophelp while ingame.

^ *rimshot*
It's not really clear what this does, I think it makes stuff that's permanently destroyed when it's exploded and has persistent health (shoot a brick enough and it goes away) but I'm not sure. I haven't downloaded it since I don't even know exactly what it does. Please make it clearer what the purpose of this is.

^ *rimshot*
It's not really clear what this does, I think it makes stuff that's permanently destroyed when it's exploded and has persistent health (shoot a brick enough and it goes away) but I'm not sure. I haven't downloaded it since I don't even know exactly what it does. Please make it clearer what the purpose of this is.
1) prop tool and prop hammer
2) add props to the prop tool using /addprop [name].
3) get a prop tool and plant a prop, which is destructible in or out of a minigame.

your bricks will still be your bricks - they won't be destructible
destroyed prop bricks are actually killed
props are loaded from the "config/props and placement" folder, which is where the mod checks when you add a prop. think of it like a savedup/loaddup function, the difference being its made for DM.

if you want to convert entire builds, the propify wand will do that - it functions like the duplorcator except it just converts the bricks to prop bricks.