[v1.1] Another BLB door set

Author Topic: [v1.1] Another BLB door set  (Read 7683 times)

Liking this, but just wondering why you guys hate JVS. It was in-depth, and closed on their own.
Plus, just placing it gave you a set of events to tinker with.
Why all the edge?
Problems with JVS doors:

• 16 events to open a door.
  • Horrible AIM sounds
  • A "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
  • Backwards loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.  This alone is reason to remove it from the game permanently.  I regret not CRC failing when I discovered this issue years ago.
  • Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
  • Overly complicated ID restriction system that serves no purpose except providing yet another way for power starved pre-teens to give themselves special privileges over other users so they can have some semblance of empowerment in their otherwise impotent lives.

What is wrong with JVS? Backdoor? Scripting error? I always had a prob were they were one higher then the default bricks such as the 4x5x1

I will not stop using Legacy_Content until BLB Doors can be animated, another thing I hate about default doors is they have an annoying frame that makes building around them a pain.

What is wrong with JVS? Backdoor? Scripting error? I always had a prob were they were one higher then the default bricks such as the 4x5x1
literally the post above yours has the answer
Problems with JVS doors:

• 16 events to open a goddamn door.
  • stuffty AIM sounds
  • Ego-wank "jvs" tab instead of being in the special/interactive tab where they belong
  • Ass-backwards-as-forget loop structure that causes the brick loading times to increase for all bricks for each jvs door that you have installed.  If you have 50 JVS doors installed, you're looking at a 10x increase in loading times.  This alone is reason to remove it from the game permanently.  I regret not CRC failing when I discovered this issue years ago. 
  • Overly complicated door blocking system that requires a taxing container radius search every time someone opens a door.  Door disabling can easily be implemented via toggleEventEnabled or setRayCastingEnabled.
  • Overly complicated ID restriction system that serves no purpose except providing yet another way for power starved pre-teens to give themselves special privileges over other users so they can have some semblance of empowerment in their otherwise impotent lives.

I will not stop using Legacy_Content until BLB Doors can be animated, another thing I hate about default doors is they have an annoying frame that makes building around them a pain.

Dude it would create like 10+ loving datablocks to have animated blb doors. Also someone made a default door pack without frames.

literally the post above yours has the answer

I forgot I even made that topic.

Someone made me the exact ID/trust based system I needed for the blb doors that I still use today in that topic.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 12:03:56 AM by Lord Tony® »