The ability to change precipitation

Author Topic: The ability to change precipitation  (Read 1796 times)

There isn't a way to change or set rain and snow particles using the environment editor, forcing you to use a skybox that has them. Additionally, there isn't a way to remove rain and snow particles from a skybox that has them without making a rainless version of that skybox.

It would also be great to let it rain sparkles from the sky.

was almost positive there was a way. surprised there isnt

Doesn't port's environment settings code allow you to change the precipitation file loaded ingame?

I'd be more inclined to use precipitation if it didn't go through bricks.

I'd be more inclined to use precipitation if it didn't go through bricks.
Holly stuff this please.

The only way to do this right now is by planting zone bricks everywhere, and that's annoying.

/support

Someone made projectile rain once but that lagged to stuff.

Someone made projectile rain once but that lagged to stuff.
the best kind of rain is tank shell rain

but yeah the workarounds are to use tons of emitters or something, which is an annoyance

Someone made this emitter pack which requires a stuff ton of invisible bricks of believable rain. I'll pass.

Someone made this emitter pack which requires a stuff ton of invisible bricks of believable rain. I'll pass.
a stuff ton of invisible bricks
Do you really want to make 200 invisible bricks for your big map to have rain though

Do you really want to make 200 invisible bricks for your big map to have rain though

I'm going to need at least 1,000 invisible bricks or more for rain.

Not counting rain droplets on the ground.

I dont care if it goes through bricks, all I need is just the ability to change precipitation

or badspot could just add bricks to the list of things precipitation collides with
nvm badspot has addressed this
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 11:55:21 AM by Swollow »

Most next gen games use projectiles as raindrops.