Author Topic: -Apple vs. FBI: San Bernardino Shooting-  (Read 2777 times)

Geohot is gonna come in with the clutch for the fbi

I REFUSE TO WATCH SOMETHING FROM WATCHMOJO

I don't understand. Why doesn't the FBI work with Apple to unlock this singular device without compromising security for all iPhones? Why do they need firmware to break any iPhone at any time? I'm sure Apple would be happy to help with the prosecution of a terrorist in this single case without compromising the security of their technology.
Because all iphones are the same, relatively speaking. Once you make something that can break one, you can break them all. And there's no way to stop the FBI from using that tool which you designed to only break one, and use it to break them all. And there's nothing stopping someone else from stealing it from the FBI, whether that be hackers or foreign nations.

This graphic explains it pretty well:

I REFUSE TO WATCH SOMETHING FROM WATCHMOJO
Thanks for that wonderful contribution Espio. Glad to know where ever there is a decent topic you will come and spew out nonsense. You're a special brand of garbage bag

OT: I support Apple 100%
I love that they have the balls to just say "forget you we aren't doing that"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 01:02:27 PM by Nickpb 3.0 »

I love all my super conservative friends freaking out at Apple

Anyways, could Apple technically get all the information off the this single phone and hand it over to the FBI? That way they'd avoid giving access to the FBI to look at any phone they would want?

I love all my super conservative friends freaking out at Apple

Anyways, could Apple technically get all the information off the this single phone and hand it over to the FBI? That way they'd avoid giving access to the FBI to look at any phone they would want?
The problem is that once the tech exists to get in, there is too much a risk of it being abused, regardless of who does it. There is no guarantee that it won't become an issue even if Apple handles it themselves. It's also hard to completely destroy the method used once it's been created, too. When it comes to something as sensitive as individual's personal info, it's too risky.

I don't understand these youtube channels.

"10 facts about X"

If you copy and paste the title of their video into google you will get results to a website about "10 facts about X" so they are just basically re-reading some loving buzzfeed rip off site.

How do these channels get like millions of views when you can just google this stuff?

The FBI can forget off

I don't understand these youtube channels.

"10 facts about X"

If you copy and paste the title of their video into google you will get results to a website about "10 facts about X" so they are just basically re-reading some loving buzzfeed rip off site.

How do these channels get like millions of views when you can just google this stuff?
The answer is really simple. Because people watch it. Not trying to be a butt or anything, this is (basically) the actual reason.

The answer is really simple. Because people watch it. Not trying to be a butt or anything, this is (basically) the actual reason.

But they act like it's fresh material they never heard of before.

But they act like it's fresh material they never heard of before.
Maybe they haven't?

The problem is that once the tech exists to get in, there is too much a risk of it being abused, regardless of who does it. There is no guarantee that it won't become an issue even if Apple handles it themselves. It's also hard to completely destroy the method used once it's been created, too. When it comes to something as sensitive as individual's personal info, it's too risky.
This, and it sets a precedent. The FBI has already gone back on their claim that it's a one time thing, they have dozens of phones set up that they want apple to decrypt. And if they do one and then don't do the others, the FBI will be all over their ass even moreso than now.

Every time you make a backdoor, it makes something as encrypted as an iPhone or any other encrypted data storage device MUCH less secure, because now you have just poked a hole in your wall, lock or not. It's easier to break through a locked door surrounded by a metal wall than a solid metal wall.

I consider myself a conservative but i have always sided with the left when it comes to internet and privacy rights. Hope Apple can win this battle.

nothing to hide, nothing to fear right? lol