James Blonde's House A

Author Topic: James Blonde's House A  (Read 1175 times)

I originally made a topic to house all of my house-related builds, yet it became too old and now I can no longer modify it. Rather than making another megathread that would detract attention from my already sub-par builds, I'll be placing each type of house I make in separate threads.

House A
In the former thread I posted pictures of a default house that I built which was based off of my first and much simpler 16x16 house seen below. As you can see, the bricks used in the structure aren't very appealing and the window panes are just plain ugly. The interior (see the original topic) was not planned out well, nor was it finished.

Over the past couple months I've been intermittently working on a revised version of this house, building it again from scratch and taking the time to make a livable interior.

Here's a short tour of the house:

I'd also like to note that the house comes with fully functional lights and other interactive features.

The house itself is finished for the most part, but I still have yet to finish the front and back yards. I would appreciate criticism on how I can improve or suggestions on what I could try building next. If I haven't mentioned earlier, this revised house is made with only default bricks, colors, lights, and events.

In the future I will be posting a revised version of my second house featured on the original topic, along with a build which resembles a not-so-usual home of mine that I lived in for a few months.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:39:55 PM by MikkelDude »

Looks cute. I like it.

Looks cute. I like it.

thank you. I tried to embody a default-esque feel rather than simply making it default-only

this is cute, you made good use of the space and it feels just very default-y, reminds me of builds i used to see on freebuilds a few years ago

this is cute, you made good use of the space and it feels just very default-y, reminds me of builds i used to see on freebuilds a few years ago
thanks
I've seen similarly sized default builds on daveman's server (he can build very well), other than that most default freebuilds I visit are spammy or just have a default save loaded

It indeed has a nice default feel to it! I think it would be cool though if the interior had different walls instead of continuing the brick pattern on the inside.

It indeed has a nice default feel to it! I think it would be cool though if the interior had different walls instead of continuing the brick pattern on the inside.
yeah I considered that, although it would take a bit of time to replace all of the bricks (or just rebuild the house). probably needs a better ceiling too
thank you for your input