[NEWS] Kim Jong-un vows nuclear restraint; seeks normalization with USA, China

Poll

do you think north korea will follow through with its promises?

yes
4 (10%)
no
36 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: [NEWS] Kim Jong-un vows nuclear restraint; seeks normalization with USA, China  (Read 85596 times)

Can we please just trample their government already and free those poor people from this living daily nightmare? Whats stopping us from morally going to war to end the human suffering over there? Maybe i'm just blindsighted by anger here but i would really like to know.
If we attack NK, they can easily kill millions of people in SK and Japan before they are destroyed themselves
What's also bad is that we can't use nuclear weapons against them since it would kill millions of innocent people and would leave tons of radiation, as well as give North Koreans another reason to hate America rather than accept our trying to help them.
But also, if we leave NK to their own devices, they'll continue advancing their nuclear weapons program and be able to kill more people in SK or Japan or China or maybe even the US now. The situation is a balance between "how long can we put this off" and "how few people have to die to fix this"

Can we please just trample their government already and free those poor people from this living daily nightmare? Whats stopping us from morally going to war to end the human suffering over there? Maybe i'm just blindsighted by anger here but i would really like to know.
how should this be done? missiles? attack through borders? i don't want to be harsh or something but this could end up very bloody
although it'll probably get bloody anyway

theres also probably a ton of negative propaganda on the US and the other countries so i don't know if the civilians would feel liberated or not

i wonder if theres some other roundabout way to do it though

What's also bad is that we can't use nuclear weapons against them since it would kill millions of innocent people and would leave tons of radiation, as well as give North Koreans another reason to hate America rather than accept our trying to help them.

Why the hell would we nuke them. Why did this come up? IT would be the most unrealistic war-time decision in the history of forever.

how should this be done? missiles? attack through borders? i don't want to be harsh or something but this could end up very bloody
although it'll probably get bloody anyway

theres also probably a ton of negative propaganda on the US and the other countries so i don't know if the civilians would feel liberated or not

i wonder if theres some other roundabout way to do it though
I would assume the populace is pretty brainwashed yeah

Why the hell would we nuke them. Why did this come up? IT would be the most unrealistic war-time decision in the history of forever.
I would assume the populace is pretty brainwashed yeah
then how do you intend we liberate north korea

IMO the best option to keep NK at bay is appeasement

Idk, i just feel bad for people who have to live there. A program that gives North Koreans to escape the country more easily would be nice. As to where they go, thats where the whole idea falls apart.

im thinking an internal takeover via foreign special ops is the best option

what if we just cut off north korea with a saw or something and then throw a big anchor on it
they can just swim to the top and north korea loses all of it's nukes problem solved

Why the hell would we nuke them. Why did this come up? It would be the most unrealistic war-time decision in the history of forever.
If NK nukes someone else, which chances are they will if they get invaded, there's going to be strong public favor for nuking them back

im thinking an internal takeover via foreign special ops is the best option
the problem with that is that it's so damn hard to get into the country and that their military would still reciprocate. if we could somehow convince NK military leaders to side with us, then we'd be on our way

get a couple guys to go interview Dennis Rodman's Pal, befriend him, then kill him so his secretary or whatever can become the new president of NK and establish democracy

IMO the best option to keep NK at bay is appeasement
appeasement was the strategy that the allied powers used at first against Riddler in the 30's
the result was Riddler being a whole lot stronger than he would have been if the allies had just went in and removed him from power earlier

appeasement is exactly what NK wants. the only difference between that and now is that the people of NK would be happier with their government, which is not what we want.

Just give them south korea and this feud would be over with by now.

get a couple guys to go interview Dennis Rodman's Pal, befriend him, then kill him so his secretary or whatever can become the new president of NK and establish democracy
hm
sounds strangely familiar

Just give them south korea and this feud would be over with by now.
You're the last person on the planet who should be making suggestions.