Poll

do you think north korea will follow through with its promises?

yes
4 (10%)
no
36 (90%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Author Topic: [NEWS] Kim Jong-un vows nuclear restraint; seeks normalization with USA, China  (Read 86894 times)

The US should flood Kim's house with American movies.
the ironic thing is that kim jong il was a big fan of western movies like James Bond, Friday the 13th, etc

i had a dream where i assassinated Dennis Rodman's Pal last night

the ironic thing is that kim jong il was a big fan of western movies like James Bond, Friday the 13th, etc
yeah Il had a massive movie collection
un's house is already flooded with American movies

erm

Bond isn't western. Unless you're referring to "western" as everything west of NK.

pretty much anything in mainland europe or north america is considered western because the majority of the entertainnment is influenced by hollywood, and modern Bond is certainly a western style of movie.

erm

Bond isn't western. Unless you're referring to "western" as everything west of NK.
Obviously idiot

erm

Western refers to Europe and America in this context

But Bond is an english movie, is it not?
I think you should go read a history book, Western is Europe and North America

But Bond is an english movie, is it not?
No? They are produced by american companies what the forget are you on about pie crust

It's really hard to tell if you're just stupid or trolling sometimes

We call "Western" the entire continent of America and "Western Europe" as the west part of Europe.

No? They are produced by american companies what the forget are you on about pie crust
Alright, calm your tits. It was just a question.

We call "Western" the entire continent of America and "Western Europe" as the west part of Europe.
Alright, calm your tits. It was just a question.
so "the west" and "the east" are technically classically defined by the empires or civilizations that held the most dominance; within the past few hundred years, the british empire had the most sway over the widest regions of the world.  to them, they considered Asia and practically anything east of the Ural Mountains "the east"

like Russia is part of the west and the east (majority east)  and how the arabian regions are considered "middle east" and while overall it is essentially based on geographical location, there's not really a point of reference where the middle of the world is on the globe so it was chosen arbitrarily i guess.

so yeah.  The Western society is considered most of Europe (north and west of turkey??) up til and including the americas.  The East is east of that.
(someone feel free to correct me if i'm misinformed)

Quote from: source
http://m.koreatimes.co.kr/phone/news/view.jsp?req_newsidx=202223

13 north koreans working at an overseas restaurant defected to the south after witnessing south korean television and media during their extended time working there

13 north koreans working at an overseas restaurant defected to the south after witnessing south korean television and media during their extended time working there
well at least that further gives us an idea as to how loyal their people are when exposed to good ol FREEDOM