Author Topic: How to reduce lag on Blockland?  (Read 2176 times)

I played some servers like Kyreon's Community RP and other servers but they lag all the time and I want to reduce the lag so I can enjoy the servers I play on. Any advice, tips, or even solutions to this problem I have been having for a while?

I played some servers like Kyreon's Community RP and other servers but they lag all the time and I want to reduce the lag so I can enjoy the servers I play on. Any advice, tips, or even solutions to this problem I have been having for a while?

I think this is a topic for help, but it could be anything from your graphics settings, how much RAM you have available, CPU availability?

Start by reducing your graphics settings in the Blockland options and see if thats any help.

To save some time, go here and tell us what the results are and post them here.

I have played Kreon's server before and I can tell you that servers like that with a lot of players and vehicles/weapons lying around will lag lower end computers.

To save some time, go here and tell us what the results are and post them here.

I have played Kreon's server before and I can tell you that servers like that with a lot of players and vehicles/weapons lying around will lag lower end computers.
Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz
Manufacturer   Intel
Speed   2.5 GHz
Number of Cores   2
Video Card 1   Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer   Intel
Chipset   Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Dedicated Memory   64.0 MB
Total Memory   1.7 GB
Video Card 2   Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer   Intel
Total Memory   1.7 GB
Memory   4.0 GB
Operating System   Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack   1
Size   64 Bit
Edition   Professional
Display Maximum Resolution   1280 x 800
DVD   hp DVDRAM GT20L ATA Device
CD   hp DVDRAM GT20L ATA Device
Drive   
Size   229.0 GB
Free   179.1 GB

Processor   Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz
Manufacturer   Intel
Speed   2.5 GHz
Number of Cores   2
Manufacturer   Intel
Total Memory   1.7 GB
Video Card 2   Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer   Intel
Total Memory   1.7 GB
Memory   4.0 GB
Operating System   Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Service Pack   1
Size   64 Bit
Edition   Professional
Display Maximum Resolution   1280 x 800
DVD   hp DVDRAM GT20L ATA Device
CD   hp DVDRAM GT20L ATA Device
Drive   
Size   229.0 GB
Free   179.1 GB

Mobile Intel...isn't that for tablets? And then it says you have two of them? Are you using some kind of Laptop?

My processor is about the same, but you're not going to get much performance out of Intel graphics.

Mobile Intel...isn't that for tablets? And then it says you have two of them? Are you using some kind of Laptop?

My processor is about the same, but you're not going to get much performance out of Intel graphics.
Yes, I am using a laptop.

Heres the best ways for reducing lag

In-game options:
  • Turn brick physics OFF. Brick physics simulations can have a serious drain on FPS.
  • Set shaders to MINIMUM. For some strange reason minimum runs faster on most machines than off does.
  • Turn down your draw distance. This reduces the number of bricks your computer has to render, at the expense of reduced visiblity distance.

System-sided options:
  • (Laptops only) Set computer performance to Maximum/High Performance.
  • (Laptops only) Make sure the laptop is plugged in and charging while you play. Oftentimes the power transfer rate to the system from the battery isn't sufficient for optimum gaming performance, but if you play with the computer plugged in, the hardware inside can get all the power it needs.
  • (More than one type of video card on your system) Go into your video card driver control manager and make sure Blockland is running with the higher-end GPU.

Total Memory   1.7 GB

Memory   4.0 GB

These two things are your main problem here. You're running on a very low-end graphics card and only 4 GB of RAM. It looks to me like you must be playing on either a really old or really cheap laptop.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:11:29 PM by Planr »

Heres the best ways for reducing lag

In-game options:
  • Turn brick physics OFF. Brick physics simulations can have a serious drain on FPS.
  • Set shaders to MINIMUM. For some strange reason minimum runs faster on most machines than off does.
  • Turn down your draw distance. This reduces the number of bricks your computer has to render, at the expense of reduced visiblity distance.

System-sided options:
  • (Laptops only) Set computer performance to Maximum/High Performance.
  • (Laptops only) Make sure the laptop is plugged in and charging while you play. Oftentimes the power transfer rate to the system from the battery isn't sufficient for optimum gaming performance, but if you play with the computer plugged in, the hardware inside can get all the power it needs.
  • (More than one type of video card on your system) Go into your video card driver control manager and make sure Blockland is running with the higher-end GPU.
These two things are your main problem here. You're running on a very low-end graphics card and only 4 GB of RAM. It looks to me like you must be playing on either a really old or really cheap laptop.

Considering it's Intel Graphics, I don't think he even has an option to use shaders. I don't think Blockland is very memory intensive, I'm only running 4GB of DDR2 and it never seems to get close to maxing out.

I'm pretty sure with what you have, there is no way to upgrade anything that would make a huge difference, assuming you have money to do so.

Even if it were an old, prebuilt desktop computer meant for office work, you would have more options than with that kind of laptop.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:16:19 PM by Sami2ss »

4GB of memory is plenty for Blockland. His bottleneck is the graphics hardware.

Considering it's Intel Graphics, I don't think he even has an option to use shaders. I don't think Blockland is very memory intensive, I'm only running 4GB of DDR2 and it never seems to get close to maxing out.
Minimum shaders work on most Intel chipsets now, as long as you have them updated to the latest drivers.

where in the world are you getting the idea minimum is faster than off, too?

where in the world are you getting the idea minimum is faster than off, too?
Minimum is actually faster than off on a lot of newer hardware. This isn't true for hardware that is 5+ years old.

Minimum is actually faster than off on a lot of newer hardware. This isn't true for hardware that is 5+ years old.
huh ok
off is usually double on my end, a 640 isn't too too old

off is slightly faster than minimum for me with a gtx 980 with latest drivers, strange

In-game options:

I reduced my draw distance to 50 and it reduced A LOT of lag but I want to be able to see far also. Any recommended settings for Draw distance?

If i check 'Automatic Draw Distance Adjustment' will it do any good?