Windows 10 killed my Blockland

Author Topic: Windows 10 killed my Blockland  (Read 2351 times)

Yep,I wouldn't recommend to upgrade if you really love Blockland unless your going to buy a driver of some sort.
you dont buy drivers wtf, they're provided by the graphics card manufacturer so your card actually works. i think you're having trouble fixing this because you aren't sure how to approach the issue and fix it.

i can assure you bl is entirely compatible with windows 10, but like any OS update your computer is not likely to take the initial transition very well. it takes some time to weed out incompatible software and update everything else so they work as expected

Usually this is caused when your GPU manufacturer hasn't updated the drivers to be compatible with Windows 10.

I have Windows 10 and it's running fine with games.

Depending on who you have as your GPU, they should have some sort of updater (NVidia has this) where you should be able to keep up with GPU updates.

Yep,I wouldn't recommend to upgrade if you really love Blockland unless your going to buy a driver of some sort.
People have probably already told you this but you don't buy drivers.

The idea of buy is probably because you decided to search for driver updates and you probably saw a webpage for some ripoff software called driver download or driver optimizer pro, that is software that cost money (and is most likely a virus).

What you need to do is find out you graphics vendor, it might be AMD or nVidia, or it may even be some intel integrated graphics, then you go to AMD or nVidia's site, usually they have a section on the top called drivers, if not its in the support section.

From there you select your Graphics Card Series > Model > and then you download the Drivers and install them.

You will need to restart once you install the drivers, if you did this and didn't restart, that's why the gpu drivers where not detected.

Windows 10 isn't to blame for this, its more probable that your gpu vendor has not updated their drivers to be compatible with Windows 10, I'm saying this because usually if its a nVidia card or a AMD Card, they send drivers through Windows Update that are stable.

Windows 10 isn't bad and it also doesn't "kill Blockland".
Since you probably don't know much about drivers, I suggest you install driver booster
It will search for all your drivers and install those you are missing or are outdated.
It is about the only "driver install tool" I trust not to install malware.

Just make sure you read everything thoroughly while installing.
It will try to trick you into installing things you don't need a couple of times.
But everything else about the program is fine.
And you can delete it once it is done installing drivers.
You won't need to update them for a couple of years anyway, unless it is your graphics card.