am I suffering from some sort of depression or am I just a teenager

Author Topic: am I suffering from some sort of depression or am I just a teenager  (Read 868 times)

I hope it's a phase because depression runs in my family and both my parents have it

if you still feel like stuff when you're twenty, go for some pills I guess.

I hope it's a phase because depression runs in my family and both my parents have it
talk to your parents about it and ask what they did to cope.

also one thing that helped me get out of rough times was getting into shape. I forced myself to run a mile every day until I could go for like 10 without stopping. it really helped with my self esteem and I made friends with people I began to work out with

Then it's better that you seek preemptive treatment if you believe you are feeling the effects or symptoms of depression. Trust me, it's better if you get treatment earlier, it lets you get back up on your feet a lot faster. The path might be rocky though, it may take a bit to figure out what medication works for you, but since both of your parents have it, the psychologist can actually get a gauge of what meds will work for you from the success your parents had with them previously, which means you may see faster results. Also remember that medication won't solve all of your problems, you need to put some effort into improving your life.

o thanks guys
I'm doing a lot better now than I was last year but I won't get into detail because that year sucked
side note: neither of my parents are on meds

Do stuff outside. Seriously, getting out of the house feels great. Even when my dad kicks me out I can't stay angry when I'm out walking. Exercise is key.

EDIT: bring music along because being alone with my thoughts didn't help at all even when I was getting exercise

Depression usually implies a greater span of time.

In my experience, I had bouts of depression lasting anywhere from a few days to a year, but between periods of depression were moods that I could describe only as neutral; no happiness but no sadness either. Obv this is a pattern of bipolar disorder and not the way typical "depression" that most people go through works, but the depression itself is the same, and it sucks.

In the case of OP, I would hesitate to call it depression unless there's a clear pattern of negative feelings and thoughts for a prolonged time.

its how i currently feel
i've been depressed for a while
i dont have anything to distract myself yet

its how i currently feel
i've been depressed for a while
i dont have anything to distract myself yet
I got stuck in a rut of never leaving my house and never doing anything and it didn't help very much. I was pretty afraid/resistant to the idea of going out, but it helped a lot. Even just going for a walk to get some sunlight really does a lot for the mood.

I still have trouble mainly because there's no one in real life that I feel comfortable talking with. If you feel that you can talk to your parents, other family, or close friends about it, I'm sure that would help.

I still have trouble mainly because there's no one in real life that I feel comfortable talking with.
I'm comfortable talking with one person and one person only and I haven't been talking to her for some reason
that's probably why I feel worse than usual

i feel the same way but im not depressed or sad

i just have no close friends, am usually secluded, and the only "friends" i make at school are just to enjoy myself for the time that im in school.

tbh nobody is really my friend because nobody shares my same interests or has the same ideas as me and im ok with that

sometimes i feel alone and lonely but then i just jerk off or play videogames

jerk off and play video games

I'm comfortable talking with one person and one person only and I haven't been talking to her for some reason
that's probably why I feel worse than usual

I actually did talk to someone (my favorite co-worker) about one of my managers who was constantly belittling me at work, which was contributing to a large portion of my "Problems at Work" category. That co-worker felt she needed to do something about it because she said that between that manager and myself, we are her two very favorite people there. She actually went and reported that manager even though they're friends in an effort to correct the problem.