Author Topic: Looking for a decent mic. Anyone know one that meets my requirements?  (Read 421 times)

Looking for a microphone that isn't a headset, that I can use my desktop speakers while using the microphone and it wont pick up the background music coming from the computer. I don't want something that rests on my head, something I can put on my desk.
THANKS.

Blue yeti does this all very well. Look it up on youtube and what not. I've been using it for a long time and honestly I have no reason to look further.

Maybe something a little cheaper?

Maybe something a little cheaper?
oh sorry didnt know ur budget!
i think the snowball (half the price) is decent too, but i cant really represent that as certain as i can with the yeti

iirc the snowball is basically a cheaper blue yeti.

yeah but unless you're using skype or teamspeak with a noise remover beyond what are already built into the program the snowball picks up every forgetin little thing because its omnidirectional or whatever. It pretty much requires the use of headphones and even then people still hear music I have playing through my over ear, leather padded headphones.

Source: a snowball owner. it is great, but does not fit your requirements at all. Skype can deal with most of the noise on moderate volumes, but other programs fall absolutely short.

pretty sure blue yeti is also omnidirectional, jubel.

pretty sure blue yeti is also omnidirectional, jubel.
it has multiple settings