Author Topic: Charge attacks  (Read 597 times)

This probably would work best on a weapon itself, but it might work best as a combination between weapons and a specialized playertype, like the magician playertype using magic weapons.

Now onto the actual idea: charge attacks. Weapons with charge attacks would do two things: click once, the weapon attacks. If the mouse button is held down, you will begin "charging" your weapon. After a few seconds delay, you can release your mouse button and unleash a powerful attack. Potentially used through the "energy" bar.

Think of it like a spear sword combo, but unique per weapon.

Some weapon examples could be:
  - wider swinging sword that fires a projectile on charge
  - gun that shoots a more powerful bullet on charge. Bigger and more damage behind it
  - rocket launcher that shoots a tank shell on charge
  - bow that fires 10 arrows in a wide pattern on charge
  - spear that can affect a long but narrow range in front of the player. Still throws the spear on charge

been done before, many times.

the samus cannon used on boss battles is an example. another one is the ray gun, and the longbow, in khain's old school weaponset
also the recurved bow has three stages of charge effect.
i've seen a sword that shoots a projectile on charge as well.

you probably should be more specific on your request - what kind of weapon are you suggesting here? or are you just suggesting that more of these should exist?

I figured they've been done several times as the idea is pretty common.

I guess what I'm asking for is a small pack of various weapons that all share this feature. Individual weapons are fine and all, but then there's differences in their functionality. The examples I put in the OP are essentially what I'm looking for to start with, but in the long run can be changed up to be more original instead of being themed off base game weapons.